Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model S Tint / PPF / Ceramic Photos & Info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where do you get that lit up letters? Looks nice. I've also seen glowing T logos too. But that requires drilling holes into the trunk. Does that kind of mod void warranty?

The company has not verified that the part works on the refreshed Model S yet, so I’d hold off on getting it until they can confirm installation and parts are the same.

In the US, mods can only void warranty if they can determine that your mod caused whatever failure you are making a warranty claim on.

You could consider getting the chrome trim off an old Model S and masking off the letters and painting the rest of it gloss black, might look better than wrapping the individual letters

Or get this 😄
View attachment 708378

The shops I asked about blacking out the “T” emblems charged anywhere from $60-$200 for both front and rear emblems. Wrapping is cheaper than painting, but painting should look better and be more durable.
The T emblems are incredibly easy to chrome-delete, using Plasti-Dip. There is a YouTube video floating around on how to do that. Very easy DIY.

Where do you get that lit up letters? Looks nice. I've also seen glowing T logos too. But that requires drilling holes into the trunk. Does that kind of mod void warranty?

The company has not verified that the part works on the refreshed Model S yet, so I’d hold off on getting it until they can confirm installation and parts are the same.

In the US, mods can only void warranty if they can determine that your mod caused whatever failure you are making a warranty claim on.
Correct. I send out a message to them a couple of days ago. I would absolutely wait, given the new electronic circuitry on the refresh.

Actually that looks kind of tacky.
I agree, it can look absurd. At the same time, it can look nice if you eliminate the cheesy disco feature, and just use the red, and limit the features to turn signals and brake lights.

Reactions: WiLz and impastu
Couple questions:

1. is it worth getting PPF anywhere on the rear of the vehicle? Just took it in for full PPF and told him to do the full vehicle, but no rear. He said the rear was the most expensive part. Just wanted a sanity check to make sure I made the right decision!

2. any news on mudflaps for the S?

Reactions: impastu
Finally got her back. Full Suntek Reaction PPF, Suntek CIR tint 35% everywhere and 70% windshield, two coats of 3M ceramic. Headlights have PPF and ceramic. Wheels have been ceramic coated. Extra layer of Reaction PPF where factory PPF existed (removed and replaced with Reaction). Full and rear emblems painted gloss black to match handles. Software 32.10 has downloaded and I'm going to install it when I get back from a MNF party. 🥳
268E9489-A390-4DC0-886D-C06B8D568524.jpeg
11951BED-C968-42CF-B477-0EF2BBF2536E.jpeg
C94800B7-FFAC-4C77-9E36-D023933DA33A.jpeg

Finally got her back. Full Suntek Reaction PPF, Suntek CIR tint 35% everywhere and 70% windshield, two coats of 3M ceramic. Headlights have PPF and ceramic. Wheels have been ceramic coated. Extra layer of Reaction PPF where factory PPF existed (removed and replaced with Reaction). Full and rear emblems painted gloss black to match handles. Software 32.10 has downloaded and I'm going to install it when I get back from a MNF party. 🥳
View attachment 708991View attachment 708992View attachment 708993
Looks awesome! Ready for business now. 😀. Enjoy!

Looks good!! How did you paint the rear emblem? Did you remove and paint, or paint with plastidip on the car?

Reactions: impastu
Wow. Absolutely stunning! I’ve never loved the MSM but after seeing yours with the black badges 😍!

Im in Maryland as well. Do you mind sharing where you went? I called a place in Rockville that said full PPF was $7,999.99!! If you don’t mind sharing what you spent on all of that as well

My car is scheduled to arrive before end of month. 😎

Congrats again!

Wow. Absolutely stunning! I’ve never loved the MSM but after seeing yours with the black badges 😍!

Im in Maryland as well. Do you mind sharing where you went? I called a place in Rockville that said full PPF was $7,999.99!! If you don’t mind sharing what you spent on all of that as well

My car is scheduled to arrive before end of month. 😎

Congrats again!
HP Racing in Glen Burnie. Ask for Jason. PM sent.