Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model S Tint / PPF / Ceramic Photos & Info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone heard of Solargaurd's Clearshield Pro Hydro PPF? If so what are your thoughts?

I got my LR S tinted today using XenithIR by Solargard 15% which I love. I thought it would be too dark although I think it looks great. With that being said my local shop offers Clearshield Pro Hydro which claims to have self healing elements, similar to Xpel and a few others.

Originally, after looking into PPF in depth and the cost ranging from $5,500 - $8,000 (full vehicle) / $$3,500 - $6,000 (half vehicle), I couldn't justify spending that much on PPF. Its almost 8-10% of the cost of the car (pre 10k price increase), so I decided against PPF. Today when I went to get tint I noticed the Solargard Clearshied. After chatting with them I was able to get the price for half the vehicle (Full front, rocker panels, back bumper, etc.) for about $2,500 which is much more reasonable IMO. I only want this to prevent major dings from rocks and debris like most people.

Has anyone heard of this Clearshield Pro Hydro PPF?
Mikey, please find another installer. Thats isn't a quality film.

Try looking for a shop that offers these: Ceramic Pro KAVACA, STEK, SunTek, Premium Shield & XPEL.

Do not shop PPF on price - each installer is NOT the same. If you send me a PM, I can find a reputable installer near you.

Reactions: GrnSqrl and cwanja
I ended up getting my PPF & tint from Executint OC in Mission Viejo, $4995 for full car Xpel Ultimate Plus, $695 for Xpel Prime XR Plus on all windows, with $325 additional for windshield. I would give tint job 5 stars, PPF 4.5 stars (few small defects and a couple edges that aren't perfect, but most people wouldn't notice). They do not do ceramic coating.

I did ceramic coating through Ultimate Custom Car Care in Tustin, $790 for 1 layer Ceramic Pro PPF/Vinyl plus 1 layer top coat (includes wheel faces and calipers, as well as all glass), plus $150 for interior ceramic coating.

Here's a spreadsheet I compiled when getting quotes for all the services if you are interested:
2021 Tesla Model S Tint PPF Ceramic (OC)
Did you cermaic coat and then get the car pritected with the PPF over it? Or you ceramic coated over the PPF?

Reactions: Melteye and impastu
Car is all done! Just need to get it in some sun for some photos!

Decided to wrap front T in CF and remove back T all together. I feel like it clashed with the TESLA lettering. And added the plaid badge.

Attachments

• F2E7A984-C1AC-49AA-AF9A-8258F8D1D4C8.jpeg
    F2E7A984-C1AC-49AA-AF9A-8258F8D1D4C8.jpeg
    664.3 KB · Views: 184
  • 646A6666-4BA3-4885-A982-3D6D429197E4.jpeg
    646A6666-4BA3-4885-A982-3D6D429197E4.jpeg
    515.1 KB · Views: 149
  • 320087A0-ABDD-4AAB-AC22-06F387874CB8.jpeg
    320087A0-ABDD-4AAB-AC22-06F387874CB8.jpeg
    591.3 KB · Views: 183
This is XPEL stealth. Tints are 3M Crystalline. And ceramic is CQuartz Finest Reserve. Cost is hard to say since the detailer is a good friend of mine and I did everything together. But his shop does cars shipped from all over the country.
It's beautiful. I just prdered the same car/color LR version. Giving up my M3LR which I love. I'm hoping I love the new S.

Reactions: impastu
Anyone have a refreshed 2021 MSLR on this thread? Would love to hear of anyone's experiences/feed back coming from a M3LR or M3P. Or if you have a Plaid the same (with out the neck snapping speed of course:). Thanks!
Hundreds of posts for you on refresh MSLR in this thread…suggest you read the history going back a month or two. Enjoy

The main refresh MS thread is also great.

Reactions: GrnSqrl
Hundreds of posts for you on refresh MSLR in this thread…suggest you read the history going back a month or two. Enjoy

The main refresh MS thread is also great.
Thank you, looking more specificly for somone coming from a M3