Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model S Tint / PPF / Ceramic Photos & Info

sarugby4life

Aug 5, 2019
California - Bay Area
That’s what others have used and I will be using.

the blue is beautiful especially in the sunlight. I'd carefully inspect the paint before committing to paint correction. In my limited experience the body shops want to charge $1k for the service, which should be able to be done self-service with a clay bar at worst or not at all at best. Anything more extreme than clay bar correction should be a Tesla punch list fix.
My detailer just did a blue car with STEK DynoPrism - SO SICK. It has crazy metallics in the top coat and makes dark colors color shot.

Attachments

• dyno.jpg
    dyno.jpg
    586.3 KB · Views: 13

Dave5147

Oct 4, 2021
Frisco TX
That’s what others have used and I will be using.

the blue is beautiful especially in the sunlight. I'd carefully inspect the paint before committing to paint correction. In my limited experience the body shops want to charge $1k for the service, which should be able to be done self-service with a clay bar at worst or not at all at best. Anything more extreme than clay bar correction should be a Tesla punch list fix.
Great feedback. I am building my delivery checklist now so I am super prepared when I pick up the vehicle.

Reactions: impastu

WiLz

Jun 20, 2021
California

These look great, can you provide the link to where you purchased these?

I purchased from Amazon, here is the current product page. Looks like they are out of the black version, only showing white version now:

It was advertised for Model 3/Y, but the plastic shell on the back of the S looked very similar in shape, so I ordered it to test it out, and it's pretty much an exact fit. You do have to really push the edges of the pad into the gap between the plastic shell and the leather seat, so not sure if it will cause any long-term damage (such as leaving a gap there when you take the pad off in the future). It's not perfect, as you can see some wrinkles/creases in the photo I posted (mostly because it comes rolled-up/folded in a box), but it does the job.

• Informative
Reactions: impastu

4SUPER9

MSLR #RN11510 6/7/21
Jun 6, 2013
California
I purchased from Amazon, here is the current product page. Looks like they are out of the black version, only showing white version now:

It was advertised for Model 3/Y, but the plastic shell on the back of the S looked very similar in shape, so I ordered it to test it out, and it's pretty much an exact fit. You do have to really push the edges of the pad into the gap between the plastic shell and the leather seat, so not sure if it will cause any long-term damage (such as leaving a gap there when you take the pad off in the future). It's not perfect, as you can see some wrinkles/creases in the photo I posted (mostly because it comes rolled-up/folded in a box), but it does the job.
I'm definitely getting these once they become available again in black. Maybe I will lay them out in the sun for a bit before I stretch them on.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC