Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model S Tint / PPF / Ceramic Photos & Info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is clear XPEL PPF and 35% on all but front. Wanted just enough tint to cut heat and a little privacy but not dark.

p2-5-jpg.730328
Beautiful! It seems like the clear PPF makes the blue look much richer.

Full XPEL PPF with with Fusion+ Ceramic, Glassprncy, Ceramic Pro Wheel, Xpel XR Plus 20% front & 35% rear, XPel 35% rear smoke taillights. Oh and an RPM V-type matte CF spoiler. All done by Automobilia in Westhaven, CT.

Attachments

• 478DD0AA-DA44-49C4-81BA-D2F74AC0933D.jpeg
    478DD0AA-DA44-49C4-81BA-D2F74AC0933D.jpeg
    992.2 KB · Views: 192
  • A4196A36-9247-4283-87DE-813598D0CCA0.jpeg
    A4196A36-9247-4283-87DE-813598D0CCA0.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 171
I went with a full install of Suntek Reaction PPF. I also went with 20 Expel Prime on all side windows as well as the rear. I went with 70 Spectra Photosync on the windshield. I used Auto SuperShield out of Boca Raton for the install (I worked with Rob throughout the process). They were great and I will definitely be using them again. They wrapped all four door sills and ceramic coated all exterior glass as well as the wheels (outside and inside as the tires were not yet mounted on them).

Attachments

• IMG-5611.jpg
    IMG-5611.jpg
    859.5 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG-5613.jpg
    IMG-5613.jpg
    875.5 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG-5615-1.jpg
    IMG-5615-1.jpg
    936.7 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG-5617.jpg
    IMG-5617.jpg
    949.9 KB · Views: 163
I went with a full install of Suntek Reaction PPF. I also went with 20 Expel Prime on all side windows as well as the rear. I went with 70 Spectra Photosync on the windshield. I used Auto SuperShield out of Boca Raton for the install (I worked with Rob throughout the process). They were great and I will definitely be using them again. They wrapped all four door sills and ceramic coated all exterior glass as well as the wheels (outside and inside as the tires were not yet mounted on them).
Very nice...

Reactions: impastu
Did they cut holes where your parking sensors are?

BrianKH, what wheels do you have? Very cool!

Might mean nothing. If it’s installed properly and flush, sensors should continue to work fine.
Asked because I just had PPF done on mine by a very reputable place but they didn’t cut holes for sensors. No issues the first week but now have the “park assist unavailable” notification and notes it is due to parking sensors being obstructed or installed incorrectly. The dealer said that with white Teslas he doesn’t normally see that issue occurring from PPF. He said he could cut out the areas if I ever wanted to so looks like that’s what I’ll need to do. I have also read that there are warranty implications with Tesla if you have PPF covering sensors. I just don’t look forward to dirt now building up in those cutouts and again having exposure to rock chips…

Asked because I just had PPF done on mine by a very reputable place but they didn’t cut holes for sensors. No issues the first week but now have the “park assist unavailable” notification and notes it is due to parking sensors being obstructed or installed incorrectly. The dealer said that with white Teslas he doesn’t normally see that issue occurring from PPF. He said he could cut out the areas if I ever wanted to so looks like that’s what I’ll need to do. I have also read that there are warranty implications with Tesla if you have PPF covering sensors. I just don’t look forward to dirt now building up in those cutouts and again having exposure to rock chips…
Someone could correct me if I am wrong, but the ‘parking assist unavailable’ has been a constant error in refreshed Model S even those that are not wrapped in PPF.

Someone could correct me if I am wrong, but the ‘parking assist unavailable’ has been a constant error in refreshed Model S even those that are not wrapped in PPF.
True dat. Parking assist unavailable is on the same list at arutowipers...nuisance but not urgent to remedy.

Re. PPF: The plurality of postings on TMC indicates that modern PPF does not interfere with sensors.

Reactions: cwanja
It has been a problem for me since delivery. It did get worse after PPF though. I have been trying to get Tesla to determine which sensor is giving the errors. In my case they are telling me it looks like a rear sensor. Hopefully they can replace the touchy one(s) and not affect my PPF much.

"Parking assist unavailable" was rare but showed up about the same in the 2 weeks pre PPF as after but knock on wood. The bigger issue noted by some here is if Tesla won't fix a bad sensor or won't even look at it because of the PPF. Can I take a razor blade and cut the tiny ppf pieces out? I have a one month free follow up appointment/adjustment with my PPF shop so they can make sure everything still fits well after being in the sun and being washed once or twice. I'll ask them about it and if it bothers me, I can have them cut them out.

Reactions: impastu and cwanja