Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model S Tint / PPF / Ceramic Photos & Info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_20211112_021051_025.jpg

MSM PLAID w/ XPEL ppf and ceramic coating, very dark 15% tint and blacked out badging.

I have a few bird poo stains on the PPF. Wash did not take them all off. What is good at taking it off - or is the damage done?
Depends if you have PPF only or if it is also ceramic coated.

If it is ceramic coated, you may need to polish the area to get rid of the stain, as ceramic coating is like an extra clear coat layer, and can get swirls and etching like paint. Maybe check with your installer to see what they would recommend.

If you just have PPF, I have seen many people say that it just self heals with leaving it in the sun after cleaning, or pouring warm water on it. Found this post from an Xpel representative in another forum that might be helpful:

The best thing to do when it comes to removing bird droppings is to clean off the area with soap and water, even isopropyl alcohol would be just fine. If there's any residue left or "ghosting" as you said then give it a week and it should completely self-heal and go away.

If it doesn't go away after a week then give us a call, or send us an email and we will take care of it because at that point it will be covered under warranty.

Haha nice! What wheels do you have?
Fast Wheels FC04, all details are here:

Reactions: impastu
I posted my pictures earlier in this thread of my PPF install and window tint - see here: #487. I am following up because I had to take my Plaid into the SC for them to adjust the gap on the rear hatch that was flagged during delivery. The Tesla technician we spoke with this morning wanted to know where I got my PPF installed as he said it is the best install job they have seen. I thought I would pass this info along for anyone looking for a PPF install in the South Florida area. Again, I used Auto Supershield in Boca Raton: AutoSupershield

Question: I am having my car ceramic coated this week. I bought a rear spoiler. My ceramic guy suggest I either attach it now before the ceramic (which may not be possible due to logistics) or wait a full month for the ceramic to fully cure (or something similar to that) before I install it. I am an impatient guy. Is that correct?

Got a black plaid. Installer was asking me to do Xpel stealth instead of the ultimate. Somehow I don’t think I really like the matte look on black (loos amazing on MSM). Am I crazy to not go matte for about the same price?

Wish STEK had a nice metal flake without the blue purple tones that would snaz up the black.

Anyone do something interesting with black?

Question: I am having my car ceramic coated this week. I bought a rear spoiler. My ceramic guy suggest I either attach it now before the ceramic (which may not be possible due to logistics) or wait a full month for the ceramic to fully cure (or something similar to that) before I install it. I am an impatient guy. Is that correct?
For best adhesiveness to the body, you probably want to wait on the ceramic. OR see if they can do the ceramic on the trunk at the time of installing the spoiler. If they are also installing the spoiler for you.

Got a black plaid. Installer was asking me to do Xpel stealth instead of the ultimate. Somehow I don’t think I really like the matte look on black (loos amazing on MSM). Am I crazy to not go matte for about the same price?

Wish STEK had a nice metal flake without the blue purple tones that would snaz up the black.

Why is your installer asking you to do something with your own car? Do what you want, not what the installer wants. If they want a stealth plaid, show them how to order a car from Tesla.

Here’s what I did with black. Total blackout. Not sure I’d call it “interesting “, but I’m happy with it! 😄

Reactions: impastu and cwanja