Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model S Tint / PPF / Ceramic Photos & Info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the same thing on mine 😉
BTW—the Stek film has a built in hydrophobic coating that works really well so a ceramic coating isn’t needed
Slick AF dude. Might be first satin black MS pic I've liked so far. It's a fine line between cheap-looking matte black and really nice satin finishes.

That said, I'm still team satin MSM :)

Finally got her back. Full Suntek Reaction PPF, Suntek CIR tint 35% everywhere and 70% windshield, two coats of 3M ceramic. Headlights have PPF and ceramic. Wheels have been ceramic coated. Extra layer of Reaction PPF where factory PPF existed (removed and replaced with Reaction). Full and rear emblems painted gloss black to match handles. Software 32.10 has downloaded and I'm going to install it when I get back from a MNF party. đŸ„ł
View attachment 708991View attachment 708992View attachment 708993
Very nice. What specific 3M product was used on top of the Reaction?

Got the same thing on mine 😉
BTW—the Stek film has a built in hydrophobic coating that works really well so a ceramic coating isn’t needed

So, is the Stek Dynomatte-Black a colored PPF film applied to the car? Not a matte clear that shows the factory paint? Looks like they have both options online but wanted to be clear with which option you have on yours.

Here's mine:

XPEL XR Plus ceramic tint 15% whole car 70% on the windshield with white interior. It actually came out darker than expected based off of my previous history with the white interior cars.

IMG_6035.jpeg

IMG_5693.jpeg

IMG_6137.jpeg

So, is the Stek Dynomatte-Black a colored PPF film applied to the car? Not a matte clear that shows the factory paint? Looks like they have both options online but wanted to be clear with which option you have on yours.

Here's mine:

XPEL XR Plus ceramic tint 15% whole car 70% on the windshield with white interior. It actually came out darker than expected based off of my previous history with the white interior cars.

View attachment 773776

View attachment 773777

View attachment 773800
I have the Dynoblack matte which is a colored film
And I have the exact tint and % you have

Reactions: Freshness
As more people have been getting their new Model S LR & Plaids, there has often been questions about tint, PPF, and ceramic in the Delivery Update threads asking for information and photos. So figured I'd try to start a dedicated thread for owners to post photos and information about their tint, PPF, and ceramic for the benefit of other members.

So to start things off, here is my Plaid with full Xpel Ultimate Ultra PPF on entire car, with Xpel Prime XR Plus tint (55% windshield, 30% fronts, 20% rears), and Ceramic Pro PPF/Vinyl coating (please feel free to ask if you want any specific details or photos):

View attachment 692210

View attachment 692211

View attachment 692213

I'm also happy to share quotes that I got for these various services in the Orange County area for anyone that is interested.
Looks gorgeous! Would love to know what the quotes were too! Thank you.

Picked up finished vehicle today. Having the ceramic coating included in the Llumar Valor/Suntek Reaction is really nice with a full wrap.
Not tucked under side cameras, or through bumper seam. Bumper also not a single piece, but for the price I paid ($5500 for the PPF), I think this is fair for California.

View attachment 779352
View attachment 779353

View attachment 779354
Your car looks awesome. That is a good price and with ceramic coating too. To wrap under door trim, camera bump and other places... and especially a single piece bumper, should cost more. It takes a lot more effort to do these. But that last 5 percent in looks cost a lot in effort and $$. I was going to do SunTek Reaction but do it myself. I have since changed my mind to Xpel. Not because it's better but because the supplier of the cut pieces is very helpful. He is Cris Renoson in Canada. I've never installed PPF and he answered all my questions. SunTek Reaction was my first choice because of gloss and ceramic infused top.

Last edited: