Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model S Tint / PPF / Ceramic Photos & Info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my Plaid last Friday and dropped it off this Monday morning at Mr. Tint in San Jose.

In just 4 full days of work, they installed XPEL Ultimate Plus Stealth PPF on the whole car, 35% XPEL XR+ tint on the side windows, and 70% XPEL XR+ tint on the windshield.

Total package was $6695, which is a very decent price for the Bay Area.

And here are the results! I really like how the matte gray and gloss black of the 19” aero covers are reflected in the now-matte paint and shiny “chrome delete”:

View attachment 704831

View attachment 704832

View attachment 704836

View attachment 704838

View attachment 704839

View attachment 704840

View attachment 704835
View attachment 704834
View attachment 704841
Nice! I'm having Stek Dynomatt put on my MSM this week, this is a good sneak preview.

About every 17 minutes I change my mind between clear PPF and Stealth PPF.

Could one of y’all please just tell me what to do? Black on black with CF, delivery on Thursday supposedly.
Not the biggest fan of satin on a black car. And with a good wrap and ceramic coating, that black will pop every time you wash it. Piano black. My preference. And also what I am doing to my LR when it arrives.

Yeah I’ve had glossy black going back to 2005 or so. I love when it’s clean (lately, I’ve been unmotivated as I’ve been waiting for the new car, and I’m just pretending my car is grey).

Still, after 2^4 years it seems like it’s time to do something at least mildly new, and satin black could work. Pictures and video look great. My main hesitation, if I’m honest, is the feeling that at 52 I’m not supposed to do this sort of thing....

Could one of y’all please just tell me what to do? Black on black with CF, delivery on Thursday supposedly.
It’s a difficult decision for sure. I ended up going with clear because a black car just looks incredible when it is clean and shiny. The PPF definitely makes it easier to upkeep, but does still take some work. Down the road if anything were to happen and I needed to replace the PPF (I plan on keeping the car for a really long time), I may consider doing matte then.

I am hit and miss with the stealth. On certain cars, I think it looks great. Others, not so much. I actually have seen multiple M3's with this, and think it looks good. The MS is just too big of a car for this look. The MS is beautiful, and sexy, but still a sedan. The stealth is much better fitted for something more sporty looking. Just my $0.02

Ah…I’m getting black on black as well. I too have felt the tug for stealth. It does look insanely good! However, so does gloss. I think we’re all used to gloss and that makes the stealth new and sexy. 🤣 I’ve personally landed on gloss because I know how damn good that looks coming out of a store or restaurant at night and seeing that Batmobile shine. I was getting my emblems painted matte to offset but have changed my mind to gloss to match the car. Stealth scratches that don’t “heal” may stick out way more. Not sure. Good luck with your decision. Either way, you win!!! And you can always pull off the xpel down the road or whenever you want and get the best of both worlds! I’m doing full ppf, xpel normal, ceramic and tint.
For all helping. Here’s a TSportsline comparison.
1630983702987.jpeg

Last edited:
Ah…I’m getting black on black as well. I too have felt the tug for stealth. It does look insanely good! However, so does gloss. I think we’re all used to gloss and that makes the stealth new and sexy. 🤣 I’ve personally landed on gloss because I know how damn good that looks coming out of a store or restaurant at night and seeing that Batmobile shine. I was getting my emblems painted matte to offset but have changed my mind to gloss to match the car. Stealth scratches that don’t “heal” may stick out way more. Not sure. Good luck with your decision. Either way, you win!!! And you can always pull off the xpel down the road or whenever you want and get the best of both worlds! I’m doing full ppf, xpel normal, ceramic and tint.
For all helping. Here’s a TSportsline comparison.
View attachment 706118
Gorgeous.

As more people have been getting their new Model S LR & Plaids, there has often been questions about tint, PPF, and ceramic in the Delivery Update threads asking for information and photos. So figured I'd try to start a dedicated thread for owners to post photos and information about their tint, PPF, and ceramic for the benefit of other members.

So to start things off, here is my Plaid with full Xpel Ultimate Ultra PPF on entire car, with Xpel Prime XR Plus tint (55% windshield, 30% fronts, 20% rears), and Ceramic Pro PPF/Vinyl coating (please feel free to ask if you want any specific details or photos):

View attachment 692210

View attachment 692211

View attachment 692213

I'm also happy to share quotes that I got for these various services in the Orange County area for anyone that is interested.
Sharp!

Reactions: impastu and WiLz
i just got my S tinted! for those wondering or looking for reference:
  • XPEL XR PRIME PLUS for all sides and rear @ 20%
  • XPEL XR PRIME PLUS for windshield @ 70%
20% was boarderline too dark for my personal taste, but it looks amazing. don't regret the 20% tho. didn't go with 30% because the XPEL XR PRIME PLUS had way too much of a blue tint.

it works well for heat reduction... but now i'm thinking of adding a film 70% or 90% to the panoramic roof because i still feel some heat. any experience whether thats worth it?

have not added any PPF or ceramic coating yet... still deciding whether or not its worth the cost.
anways here are some pics i took earlier today!

View attachment 698927View attachment 698918View attachment 698917View attachment 698926
Sharp!

Reactions: impastu