Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model S Tint / PPF / Ceramic Photos & Info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I know you’ve all been wondering, and, yes, having now sat with my glossy black super car for two days, I have made my decision on clear vs stealth PPF.

I‘m replacing the T in the front with the carbon fiber T (and of course I’m removing the hideous, hideous front license plate holder because I hate everything about it). I have to make final decision on tint but that seems easy. The only thing I’m left to wonder about is whether I’m going to do something with the back T and PLAID. It seems weird that they’d be the only chrome left on the car.

I'm a champion of satin/stealth, and I think it looks great on my car! But it's MSM, not black..

View attachment 707097

View attachment 707098
Very nice. I'm out picking up my MSLR MSM black 19" next week. I plan to alos get the Xpep Stealth full body wrap and windows tinting. But where I am it's illegal to tint front windows unfortunately. Did you do ceramic coating as well? Btw, are the rims I underneath black or silver? So glad Tesla changed the hubcaps to black. Saved me the trouble of doing it myself.

I want to wrap/paint? the trunk TESLA letters silver to match the T logo rather than change the T logo to black like you have.

Reactions: impastu and MEL-22
So I know you’ve all been wondering, and, yes, having now sat with my glossy black super car for two days, I have made my decision on clear vs stealth PPF.

I‘m replacing the T in the front with the carbon fiber T (and of course I’m removing the hideous, hideous front license plate holder because I hate everything about it). I have to make final decision on tint but that seems easy. The only thing I’m left to wonder about is whether I’m going to do something with the back T and PLAID. It seems weird that they’d be the only chrome left on the car.
Led by my OCD, I'm having the front and rear emblems painted gloss black to match everything else on my car that isn't MSM. Hope to have it back on Tuesday or Wednesday. The wait is getting unbearable.

The rear emblems are more egregious than the front. At least in front we've got the bright headlights for the T chrome accent. Rear the chrome T doesn't flatter anything except the Plaid, which I'm removing to reduce peacockiness.

Very nice. I'm out picking up my MSLR MSM black 19" next week. I plan to alos get the Xpep Stealth full body wrap and windows tinting. But where I am it's illegal to tint front windows unfortunately. Did you do ceramic coating as well? Btw, are the rims I underneath black or silver? So glad Tesla changed the hubcaps to black. Saved me the trouble of doing it myself.

I want to wrap/paint? the trunk TESLA letters silver to match the T logo rather than change the T logo to black like you have.
The rims underneath are a grey, almost gunmetal grey (?). I’m having mine powder coated gloss black as soon as I can get my summer tires replaced with the AS. That’s currently scheduled for 9/27, though hoping for sooner. They actually offered me two appointments this week but my car was in the shop for tint and PPF/ceramic. Picking her up this afternoon, finally!

Reactions: MEL-22 and impastu
The rims underneath are a grey, almost gunmetal grey (?). I’m having mine powder coated gloss black as soon as I can get my summer tires replaced with the AS. That’s currently scheduled for 9/27, though hoping for sooner. They actually offered me two appointments this week but my car was in the shop for tint and PPF/ceramic. Picking her up this afternoon, finally!
looking forward to a thorough set of centerfolds!

Reactions: MEL-22 and GrnSqrl
The rear emblems are more egregious than the front. At least in front we've got the bright headlights for the T chrome accent. Rear the chrome T doesn't flatter anything except the Plaid, which I'm removing to reduce peacockiness.
Agreed, that’s why I had the detailer blacken my rear T badge and remove PLAID altogether, while keeping the front T as-is.

With stealth PPF on MSM, my car is the ultimate sleeper now!

CBC3CD04-7FC0-4FF6-8609-EFBEE2C7C719.jpeg

724B516E-B1F4-4F9F-A121-25CD3ED0EC22.jpeg

Attachments

• FF04D121-E4F1-4133-B163-93B1A326A5BD.jpeg
    FF04D121-E4F1-4133-B163-93B1A326A5BD.jpeg
    670 KB · Views: 158
  • F82E0BF4-2041-4CAA-994D-0817859DEAE2.jpeg
    F82E0BF4-2041-4CAA-994D-0817859DEAE2.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 163
  • BF5B0C1F-CA80-4757-B77F-7FAFBB66289A.jpeg
    BF5B0C1F-CA80-4757-B77F-7FAFBB66289A.jpeg
    802.5 KB · Views: 181
  • B76093F4-3ED8-48DB-A428-D45E8BE94485.jpeg
    B76093F4-3ED8-48DB-A428-D45E8BE94485.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 177
  • 0503339E-64FA-440A-BC74-EF2DA3BC21C0.jpeg
    0503339E-64FA-440A-BC74-EF2DA3BC21C0.jpeg
    841.2 KB · Views: 177
  • 8DAEB334-D01D-421D-8427-C8C97173C708.jpeg
    8DAEB334-D01D-421D-8427-C8C97173C708.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 176
Does anyone know where I can get the rear T E S L A lettering changed to silver to match the logo?
You could consider getting the chrome trim off an old Model S and masking off the letters and painting the rest of it gloss black, might look better than wrapping the individual letters

Or get this 😄
1631437129278.png

curious, how much did this cost you?
The shops I asked about blacking out the “T” emblems charged anywhere from $60-$200 for both front and rear emblems. Wrapping is cheaper than painting, but painting should look better and be more durable.

Reactions: r3nd3r and impastu
You could consider getting the chrome trim off an old Model S and masking off the letters and painting the rest of it gloss black, might look better than wrapping the individual letters

Or get this 😄
View attachment 708378

The shops I asked about blacking out the “T” emblems charged anywhere from $60-$200 for both front and rear emblems. Wrapping is cheaper than painting, but painting should look better and be more durable.
Where do you get that lit up letters? Looks nice. I've also seen glowing T logos too. But that requires drilling holes into the trunk. Does that kind of mod void warranty?

Reactions: impastu