Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model S Tint / PPF / Ceramic Photos & Info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are photos of my stormtrooper

Work done at 405 Motoring in LA. Talk to East, he's a very cool guy and will take care of you!
- XPEL Ultimate Plus PPF (full body)
- Ceramic Pro PPF (2 layer ceramic coat)
- Ceramic pro wheel and caliper (1 layer)
- XPEL Prime XR Plus (35% side and rear, 70% front)
- Blacked out badging

IMG_6165.jpeg
rear plaid.jpg
IMG_6166.jpeg
plaid side.jpg

Work done at 405 Motoring in LA. Talk to East, he's a very cool guy and will take care of you!
- Blacked out badging

View attachment 709275View attachment 709276View attachment 709277View attachment 709279
Looks ****ing fantastic. I do not mind the badging, but I would have tried to get the front one to be white (instead of chrome) to match the paint. Love the blacked out badge on the back.

Thanks! You know I did think of making it white for the contrast, but wasn't 100% sold on it. Maybe when I get bored I'll change it up haha.
I may try this. One way to test it, which I may do myself, is to plasti-dip it. It certainly will not be paint color correct, but can give us an idea if we want to commit to having it painted. I am also thinking about color matching my rear applique to white. I would do the door handles too, but that is a big expensive job

- Blacked out badging

View attachment 709275View attachment 709276View attachment 709277View attachment 709279
Gorgeous! Curious why you didn’t tint the rear window?

Reactions: Maximus023

- Blacked out badging

I have 70% XPEL Prime XR Plus on my front windshield as well... but I am experiencing some waviness in the film.
I've attached a VIMEO LINK with a video I uploaded to demonstrate what I mean, pay attention to the leaves and how they distort as I move my phone (or head while driving).

(yes I've waited about a month for the water to evaporate)

It's super noticeable and I've contacted my installer and he says this is normal... Do you or does anyone else have this issue with their front windshield XPEL film???

I have 70% XPEL Prime XR Plus on my front windshield as well... but I am experiencing some waviness in the film.
I've attached a VIMEO LINK with a video I uploaded to demonstrate what I mean, pay attention to the leaves and how they distort as I move my phone (or head while driving).

(yes I've waited about a month for the water to evaporate)

It's super noticeable and I've contacted my installer and he says this is normal... Do you or does anyone else have this issue with their front windshield XPEL film???
Interesting. I have the XPEL on my windshield as well, but I haven't noticed any waviness yet… My wife noticed there is a small 4-5 inch wavy line in the rear left window that could be in the glass and not the tint, but we're not 100% sure.

Reactions: r3nd3r and impastu
Interesting. I have the XPEL on my windshield as well, but I haven't noticed any waviness yet… My wife noticed there is a small 4-5 inch wavy line in the rear left window that could be in the glass and not the tint, but we're not 100% sure.
Hmm,
So no waviness at all other than that? I have it all over my windshield and I’m pretty sure it’s the film 🤦‍♂️

is anyone else experiencing something similar?

I have it all over my windshield and I’m pretty sure it’s the film
Why don't you cut a deal with your detailer: pull the film off and then check the window. If the distortion was from the film, it is re-installed at the detailers expense. You are just out a day of your car. But if the distortion is the window, you had to pay to get it re-installed - or better yet, ask Tesla to replace the window before getting the tint installed.

Another option could be to go back to Tesla and see if you can find a undelivered car and check. This might be easier and less time consuming.

Why don't you cut a deal with your detailer: pull the film off and then check the window. If the distortion was from the film, it is re-installed at the detailers expense. You are just out a day of your car. But if the distortion is the window, you had to pay to get it re-installed - or better yet, ask Tesla to replace the window before getting the tint installed.

Another option could be to go back to Tesla and see if you can find a undelivered car and check. This might be easier and less time consuming.
thanks, ill do that.

i was just curious to see if anybody else has this distortion issue with their front windshield film.