Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model S Tint / PPF / Ceramic Photos & Info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
thinking about a red stealth.. does anyone have a pic of one?
Google is your friend. Although you mostly get model 3 and Ys. I was thinking about it, but it seems like everyone and their mother is getting stealth wraps (at least at my installer). Personally I think it looks good in midnight silver and white, but the other colors I'd skip. All personal preference tho, and I reserve the right to change my mind before my red LR arriving Sunday is PPFed on Monday ;)

Reactions: impastu and cwanja
Google is your friend. Although you mostly get model 3 and Ys. I was thinking about it, but it seems like everyone and their mother is getting stealth wraps (at least at my installer). Personally I think it looks good in midnight silver and white, but the other colors I'd skip. All personal preference tho, and I reserve the right to change my mind before my red LR arriving Sunday is PPFed on Monday ;)
Please send pix, mine due in mid November

Reactions: impastu
I take delivery on 11/5 and set up my PPF/Tint appointment 11/17. Unfortunately I have to park in a dirt lot for a week after getting it so I hope there's no issue.

I went with full front PPF Xpel Ultimate Plus. Wondering if it is worth it getting full car, my current Audi has scratches all over the driver door from shopping carts or my gym bag? no idea but I would like to avoid this.

For tints we're doing Prime XR plus, still haven't decided on the %, but I think 20% all around with 98% heat reduction should be nice on my Blue S in FL with white seats.

Very excited.

Would anyone recommend ceramic coating as well?

I'd always recommended ceramic coating whether you are doing ppf or not, but you can always do that yourself relatively easily if you are willing to put the prep time in.
However you really do need to get ppf protection on the rockers and rear quarter or get some mudflaps as the refreshed S kicks up lots of debris which will pepper the side of your car. My ppf guy has confirmed this after dealing with multiple refreshes.

I'd always recommended ceramic coating whether you are doing ppf or not, but you can always do that yourself relatively easily if you are willing to put the prep time in.
However you really do need to get ppf protection on the rockers and rear quarter or get some mudflaps as the refreshed S kicks up lots of debris which will pepper the side of your car. My ppf guy has confirmed this after dealing with multiple refreshes.
Thank you, I don't have a garage currently or great place to work on it, so I think I will include ceramic coating or add it in the future. I know the S has some factory PPF on the rear fenders but the rear quarter might be a good idea if they let me add that in.

Reactions: cwanja and impastu
Thank you, I don't have a garage currently or great place to work on it, so I think I will include ceramic coating or add it in the future. I know the S has some factory PPF on the rear fenders but the rear quarter might be a good idea if they let me add that in.
Factory PPF gets removed prior to applying new full body PPF. Ask your shop to add an extra layer on front of rockers.

Reactions: cwanja and d1ez3
I’m considering the Stealth on my (eventual) W/W/CF. How do you feel about it after living with it for the past few months?
I couldn't be more happy with my decision to do it. Apart from the enhanced look, it keeps the car very clean looking. I've done 3 road trips, with 1000 miles each and car still looks as good as new without a wash. I also have ceramic coating which helps a lot too. I highly recommend it.

For the seat backs, PPF does not work well on plastic. I had my installer try a small piece on there and it did not look good. I ended up getting some fitted seat back covers that do look a lot better than the generic covers that just clip on with straps. Not perfect, but does protect the seat backs from kid’s shoes, without looking too out of place.

View attachment 723126
Link! Ours is getting scuffed up so bad.

Reactions: impastu
I take delivery on 11/5 and set up my PPF/Tint appointment 11/17. Unfortunately I have to park in a dirt lot for a week after getting it so I hope there's no issue.

I went with full front PPF Xpel Ultimate Plus. Wondering if it is worth it getting full car, my current Audi has scratches all over the driver door from shopping carts or my gym bag? no idea but I would like to avoid this.

For tints we're doing Prime XR plus, still haven't decided on the %, but I think 20% all around with 98% heat reduction should be nice on my Blue S in FL with white seats.

Very excited.

Would anyone recommend ceramic coating as well?

Def worth full PPF. I went on some farm/country roads last month and the amount of dirt and debris kicked up along the side of the car was unreal.

As for "ceramic" coating, I'd opt out personally but if I really wanted it, I'd do it myself since it looks ridiculously easy. Too many questions and unknowns around the interaction between the coating, binders, and the polyurethane of PPF, and then questions around how both of them together impact the self-healing properties of the film and whatever properties the ceramic coating has.

Or just opt for a film that has those properties built-in like the STEK stuff. May not be an option for you if you're wedded to your installer as XPEL installers are verboten to use anything other than XPEL.

Reactions: d1ez3 and impastu
Here’s my MS Plaid — all detailed with Ceramic Pro 5-year, full front Xpel PPF on hood, front bumper, mirrors, & front quarter panels, tinted Xpel PPF on headlights, fog lights, & rear tail lights, Xpel XR Black ceramic window tint, and a few little extras you see — blacked out (matte black) Tesla emblems and glossy black painted PLAID emblem (+ added the glossy black S emblem to the left of the PLAID emblem), aluminum dead pedal, and the little Tesla E on the passenger side dash. Of course, we can’t forget the forged 21” Signature SV104 wheels (oem sizes and offsets).
I think it came out EXACTLY how I wanted it and I’m super happy. 🔥🔥😎. Now, it’s drive time! 😎. Thank you to all those who have helped and been courteous, super cool and helpful for the past 9 months! 🙏🏻😎

View attachment 727302View attachment 727303View attachment 727304View attachment 727305View attachment 727306View attachment 727307View attachment 727308View attachment 727309View attachment 727310
What % tint did you use? Also where did you get the black painted emblems? Thanks! If you are in Delray Beach, I would love to see your car if possible.