Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model S Tint / PPF / Ceramic Photos & Info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Compounding? Sounds like PC is an aggressive polishing. But to me polishing means do what you need to do until it’s polished.
It’s based on the material used. Compound is more abrasive and removes the deeper scratches but doesn’t leave the surface as smooth and reflective, that’s where the polish comes in.
When a detailer talks about 2 stage vs 1 stage paint correction, it’s whether a compound is used before the polish or not

I'm just circling back around for all those waiting to recieve their new refresh Tesla Model S Long Range. I took delivery on 12/6/21 and immediatley sent it to the shop for some accessory work while I headed out of town. I still only have ~90 miles on the car. The delivery process was a bit challanging, however, the new Tesla, my first, is an amazing ride…with lots of technology… It's not perfect, but is fun to drive, sneaky fast and a compliment magnet. My Tesla was pretty good all around with only a very few minor issues... I can't wait to get some miles on it. Stay faithful folks...the car, I beleive, is worth the wait and the Tesla is clearly one of the market inovators and leaders... Window Tint (XPEL 45 and 30), XPEL PPF on the front, gloss black powder coated wheels, red rotors and a spoiler...
2022 Tesla Model S Long Range AWD - MEL - 12162021 - 07.jpg

Attachments

• 2022 Tesla Model S Long Range AWD - MEL - 12162021 - 08.jpg
    2022 Tesla Model S Long Range AWD - MEL - 12162021 - 08.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 231
  • 2022 Tesla Model S Long Range AWD - MEL - 12162021 - 01.jpg
    2022 Tesla Model S Long Range AWD - MEL - 12162021 - 01.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 221
  • 2022 Tesla Model S Long Range AWD - MEL - 12162021 - 02.jpg
    2022 Tesla Model S Long Range AWD - MEL - 12162021 - 02.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 224
  • 2022 Tesla Model S Long Range AWD - MEL - 12162021 - 03.jpg
    2022 Tesla Model S Long Range AWD - MEL - 12162021 - 03.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 219
I'm just circling back around for all those waiting to recieve their new refresh Tesla Model S Long Range. I took delivery on 12/6/21 and immediatley sent it to the shop for some accessory work while I headed out of town. I still only have ~90 miles on the car. The delivery process was a bit challanging, however, the new Tesla, my first, is an amazing ride…with lots of technology… It's not perfect, but is fun to drive, sneaky fast and a compliment magnet. My Tesla was pretty good all around with only a very few minor issues... I can't wait to get some miles on it. Stay faithful folks...the car, I beleive, is worth the wait and the Tesla is clearly one of the market inovators and leaders... Window Tint (XPEL 45 and 30), XPEL PPF on the front, gloss black powder coated wheels, red rotors and a spoiler...View attachment 745042
Looks great! What tint % was done on what windows?

Reactions: Woodchuck
Nope, in FL they’re very lenient and I’ve never had an issue with LE
I’m doing 15% sides/rear and 45% windshield
I assume that you are aware that your night vision will suck with that tint level. I am at 35% and 80% on windshield and it seems right for me. I can't imagine how much I would hate night driving with 15% and 45%.

Reactions: cwanja and impastu
It will be a sharp look for sure. Good luck. I travel out of state, so I suspect my bigger issue will be other states not so lenient as FL...
Oh I just saw you’re in FL also. You taken delivery yet? I just picked my Plaid up this week from the Tampa delivery center
You have a shop yet to do tint/PPF?

EDIT— I clearly need to pay more attention! 🤣 Just noticed you posted about yours above. This is my third Tesla and unfortunately the process with Tesla with pretty much everything is pretty poor, but thankfully the cars themselves are amazing so you won’t regret it! I mean I’m back for my third after some pretty bad past experiences with the company so that should say something lol

Oh I just saw you’re in FL also. You taken delivery yet? I just picked my Plaid up this week from the Tampa delivery center
You have a shop yet to do tint/PPF?

EDIT— I clearly need to pay more attention! 🤣 Just noticed you posted about yours above. This is my third Tesla and unfortunately the process with Tesla with pretty much everything is pretty poor, but thankfully the cars themselves are amazing so you won’t regret it! I mean I’m back for my third after some pretty bad past experiences with the company so that should say something lol
I finally took delivery on 12/6/21... I use the EV Studio in Tampa. Pete took care of me. Good work. They have a location in Sarasota too.

The EV Studio
12911 N Nebraska Avenue
Tampa, FL 33612
The EV Studio | Tesla Clear Bra, Window Tint, and Ceramic Coating
813-846-3891
Pete Borras – Owner

2022 Tesla Model S Long Range AWD - MEL - 12162021 - 07.jpg

[email protected]

Reactions: MEL-22 and impastu