Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model S Tint / PPF / Ceramic Photos & Info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have a general idea of how much a full wrap costs for the S?

I'm trying to weigh whether it's worth paying $2,500 for the red and then another $4,000 for front PPF + ceramic versus just getting a red wrap.
Wrap and PPF are different. Wrap is for color change while PPF is for protection. $4000 for the front is expensive. I did my own but got quotes between $4500 and $8000 for whole car including ceramic.

Wrap and PPF are different. Wrap is for color change while PPF is for protection. $4000 for the front is expensive. I did my own but got quotes between $4500 and $8000 for whole car including ceramic.
Understood - but a wrap offers some protection, which is probably enough for my needs.

So if I go the color changing wrap route, then I wouldn't have to pay the extra for Tesla's paint color + PPF + ceramic.

Was your quote $4,500 for the full car's PPF and ceramic?

Understood - but a wrap offers some protection, which is probably enough for my needs.

So if I go the color changing wrap route, then I wouldn't have to pay the extra for Tesla's paint color + PPF + ceramic.

wraps provide very little protection, it's geared more towards a color change. It's under half as thick as PPF. The protection will be very very little in real world conditions.

usually full car PPF will cost 5k+ and ceramic depending on manufacturer can cost 500-1500 for ceramic.

Usually just the front end will be 2k give or take depending who you go to. that's without ceramic coating. so 2-3k for front full clip and ceramic coating the entire vehicle.

Also take into consideration that wraps do not cover your door jams as most people don't spend for that extra little bit. I think to better weigh your decision, you need to decide if protection or color is your priority. After that, you can decide better which route to take or else you're half doing it both sides and might not be happy with the results. PPF also enhances the gloss of the vehicle or matte it out if you choose.

You can go crazy and then add PPF and wrapping. Either you put the PPF below or on top of the vinyl wrap. PPF below to protect the original finish of the car and then vinyl over the PPF to color change it. Doing wrap then ppf will pretty much lock in your wrap color of choice. This is extremely expensive of course...

Anyone have a general idea of how much a full wrap costs for the S?

I'm trying to weigh whether it's worth paying $2,500 for the red and then another $4,000 for front PPF + ceramic versus just getting a red wrap.

If you are fond of the OEM red paint then just get the PPF on the impact areas. This should only cost 1500-2000. The Tesla is probably the easiest car to wrap.

I went with color change wrap because I was persuing a particular color.

That being said, wraps do protect against a fair amount of damage, and PPF isn’t indestructible. Both will give you the exact same piece of mind, despite one being thicker than another.

Another thing to consider is that wraps only last a solid 3 years while PPF is good for 10 with a warranty.

Reactions: fetar30310

Yes, whole car and ceramic. Such a low price. I've since gotten to know him and think he's not making much at that price.

Reactions: fetar30310

There is actually colored PPF available. Phil from Alset showed it to me in this video I posted on YouTube. Take a look. He fans out the deck of colors as he describes the product.

I had to replace my windshield, so I lost my XPEL XR+ tint on it. Debating just not retinting it, for some reason I got so much reflection with the white interior and tinted windshield @ 70%.

Also, my car goes in for wrap on June 6. I love the white exterior but i needed something a little different.

Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 5.26.47 PM.png

I had to replace my windshield, so I lost my XPEL XR+ tint on it. Debating just not retinting it, for some reason I got so much reflection with the white interior and tinted windshield @ 70%.

Also, my car goes in for wrap on June 6. I love the white exterior but i needed something a little different.

View attachment 811605
Are you saying the white interior reflected off the inside of the Windshield?

Yeah, there is a reflection from the middle dash piece spanning from side to side. This is a similar grip of Model 3 and Y owners of the white interior. It is there, but not something I would change the interior over. I absolutely love walking up to my white interior every time. Never gets old.

To the specific post you quoted, I would debate if the tint is actually causing the reflection or not.

Yeah I could see a crazy reflection coming from the front speaker grilles and white seats with the tinted windshield. I am going to have my detailer buff the windshield and see if it's just scum/haze from delivery that others complain about. Will update with results, but I won't be tinting the car until then.

Another thing to mention, my windshield cracked from the INSIDE of the car. Not sure if it's a stress fracture or caused by the heat absorbing qualities of the tint. Many people mention this phenomenon in regard to tinting the roof.

Reactions: cwanja
Yeah I could see a crazy reflection coming from the front speaker grilles and white seats with the tinted windshield. I am going to have my detailer buff the windshield and see if it's just scum/haze from delivery that others complain about. Will update with results, but I won't be tinting the car until then.

Another thing to mention, my windshield cracked from the INSIDE of the car. Not sure if it's a stress fracture or caused by the heat absorbing qualities of the tint. Many people mention this phenomenon in regard to tinting the roof.
Never heard of the front windshield cracking from tint, Interesting

80% XPEL with white interior...have not noticed any reflections.