Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model S - Wheel fitment

Hi all,
I'm hopefully getting closer to receiving my battery-day ordered Plaid, and was trying to figure out whether my current forged summer wheels would fit. My wheels are 21x9 +32 in the front, and 21x10.5 +38 in the rear. Compared to the new OEM Arachnids (assuming the owner's manual is correct and they're 9.5" +40 front and 10.5" +45 rear), that means my wheels will sit about 1/10" farther "out" in the front (closer to the outside of the car/fender) and about 1/4" farther "out" in the rear (obviously I'm missing 1/2" of wheel and 20mm of tire in the front but I'm not too worried about that).

For any owners of refreshed S - is there a good amount of gap from the wheel to the fender when looking straight down from the fender? I know on my 2019 S, pushing the wheels farther to the outside (lower effective offset) was a good thing - there was a lot of area to fill out in there, and I was about 3/4" farther our than stock. So I'm thinking that I should be OK.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC