Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model S XM Radio no audio?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It still has the scratchiness and static, which is really obvious when you turn the volume control up and down quickly. There is also distortion of the content related to this bug. It also exists on FM. I don't know about it affecting anything other than these two sources. I think it may be an MCU issue. At least SXM appears to be working more often now.

It still has the scratchiness and static, which is really obvious when you turn the volume control up and down quickly. There is also distortion of the content related to this bug. It also exists on FM. I don't know about it affecting anything other than these two sources. I think it may be an MCU issue. At least SXM appears to be working more often now.
Just checked mine. Tried XM, FM, Tunein. All sources do not have any static or scratchy sound when adjusting volume quickly. No distortion of the content either. XM channels all normal. (Sept. 2021 MSP ). V2022.12.3.20

Sirius and XM were different satellite radio companies broadcasting on different channels until 2008 when they merged. Even after the merger, radios continued to be made for either Sirius or XM and the channels offered were different. Now most channels have been integrated. Older Sirius only radios cannot pick up newer channels above 128, and will likely be phased out by 2027 and cease to work as those separate radio broadcast channels will be abandoned.

Sirius and XM were different satellite radio companies broadcasting on different channels until 2008 when they merged. Even after the merger, radios continued to be made for either Sirius or XM and the channels offered were different. Now most channels have been integrated. Older Sirius only radios cannot pick up newer channels above 128, and will likely be phased out by 2027 and cease to work as those separate radio broadcast channels will be abandoned.
Thank you.

Reactions: DerbyDave