Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model X 20" Cyberstream wheel: run-flat tire recommendation needed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I think about taking a long trip with my new Model X, the biggest anxiety is not range, but tires. While the car comes with regular tires, not run-flat tires, there's no spare tire. I've driven plenty of BMW and Mercedes with run-flat tires. They work well. Some might say rides with run-flat tires are 'harsher', 'noisier'. My experience is that it's not that obvious. Unless you are comparing the same model of car with a different set of wheels side by side, you can hardly notice the difference. Therefore, I'm on the hunt for a set of run-flat tires for the Model X.

Does anyone have the experience to share with using run-flat tires on a Model X? Thanks.

When I think about taking a long trip with my new Model X, the biggest anxiety is not range, but tires. While the car comes with regular tires, not run-flat tires, there's no spare tire. I've driven plenty of BMW and Mercedes with run-flat tires. They work well. Some might say rides with run-flat tires are 'harsher', 'noisier'. My experience is that it's not that obvious. Unless you are comparing the same model of car with a different set of wheels side by side, you can hardly notice the difference. Therefore, I'm on the hunt for a set of run-flat tires for the Model X.

Does anyone have the experience to share with using run-flat tires on a Model X? Thanks.
i poked around at various tire web sites, but every time I tried to look up something, I was greeted with “There are no "Run Flat" tires for the vehicle you have chosen.“ I suspect because the Model X is so crazy heavy.

That being said, in over fifty years of driving, I have never once needed a spare on a road trip, that includes driving in all fifty states. All of my tire incidents have been local to me. All tire incidents for all of my Teslas, have been in my own driveway.

Now I realize it does happen for some folks, but it is really rare. That is when you take advantage of Tesla’s Emergency Road Service. It actually works, even if I am in my own driveway.