Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model X 3% Range Loss First 4,000 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received my refresh Model X in December of 2022. At 80% charge, the car normally shows 277 miles of range. 4,000 miles later, it's now showing 266 miles. My 2017 Model S went a whole year before before any range loss was experienced. I have only used Superchargers for my one road trip to SF and back, otherwise I charge at home. Is anyone else seeing this?

I received my refresh Model X in December of 2022. At 80% charge, the car normally shows 277 miles of range. 4,000 miles later, it's now showing 266 miles. My 2017 Model S went a whole year before before any range loss was experienced. I have only used Superchargers for my one road trip to SF and back, otherwise I charge at home. Is anyone else seeing this?
Charging to a specific point (80%) is not particularly repeatable. My 2022 X is set to charge to 75%. But it often lands anywhere between 73% and 78%. My Model 3 is even less precise. I would not consider a 3% loss to be a loss at all. My personal recommendation would be to change the fuel gauge to indicate % energy and not worry about the miles.

Reactions: bmah
The preceding is all good advice
Also remember that temperature affects the mileage number. At a constant 70% my 2020 LR+ shows between 254 and 262 depending on how cold it is. Teslas like moderate temperatures, if you are comfortable then it is comfortable.