Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh model X factory tint level

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Folks,

Just took delivery of 2022 MXP. Love the car. Looking to add the tint but can’t find any info about factory specs. Anyone know know what factory tint (heat & uv) protect comes as stock?

Front windshield (half) & front seats appear not tinted. But back & top (above falcon wings) appears to be tinted.

Looking for stats so I can apply proper protection on sides & top (if necessary).

Thanks.

Unless they've changed something I don't think the wing doors and hatch glass has much infrared rejection which is the important thing for heat. Noticeably hotter in the sun in back than in front where I have 35% ceramic tint on my front windows, and the front upper glass is also significantly cooler than the hatch glass

Unless they've changed something I don't think the wing doors and hatch glass has much infrared rejection which is the important thing for heat. Noticeably hotter in the sun in back than in front where I have 35% ceramic tint on my front windows, and the front upper glass is also significantly cooler than the hatch glass
Very interesting! Thanks for the information.

I am contemplating if I need to just bite the bullet and IR/UV protect tint all the windows or not.

The more time I spend on this forum, more interesting things and potential investments/expenses I discover.

However am pretty surprised to learn there are so many limitations on car accessories for refreshed X or just X in general. It’s probably due to lack of volume but keeping my fingers crossed for more options will hit the market soon.

Reactions: Prairie