Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model X Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone!

I wanted to ask those who have a refresh x, what kind of range are you seeing on the 20” wheels?

I have a LR/W/7seat/20” on order and am curious to see if stated range is even in the same ballpark as estimates?

I live in Arizona, btw, so cold weather driving isn’t really a thing.

I’ve had mine for about 4 weeks and driven About 1,100 miles. My average right now is something like 324wh/mile. I drive at high speeds (75mph) for most of my commute and we have had some very cold weather last week in single digits.

On days where it is not too cold on my drive home it has been closer to 275wh/mile which is very good. I believe the range rating is based on 330 wh/mil.

Mine is a 6 seater.

• Helpful
  • Love
Reactions: GOVA and Dionysius
Rated is probably right at your "good weather" consumption. 99,600wh/350mi = 284 wh/mi

If you're averaging 324 driving mostly at 75 in sub-freezing temps (not sure exactly how cold cold is to you, but here it's been sub 20 for 48 hours recently!) that's quite a bit better than the legacy cars, maybe that's the heat pump starting to show its legs

• Love
Reactions: Dionysius
Hello everyone!

I wanted to ask those who have a refresh x, what kind of range are you seeing on the 20” wheels?

I have a LR/W/7seat/20” on order and am curious to see if stated range is even in the same ballpark as estimates?

I live in Arizona, btw, so cold weather driving isn’t really a thing.
The range on my 2022 MX was rather crappy until I got an alignment last week. It's now at 285 to 290 wh/mi. The alignment made a huge difference.

Reactions: sorka
I have a refreshed MX on 22 inch rims and been averaging about 330 wh/mi, I’ve driven about 700 miles. When I’m charged to 90% the range shows 298 but I’m not getting anywhere near that. I have summon and sentry mode off, so I’m not sure what else is draining the battery. I’m only getting about 200 miles on 90% charge over the course of 4-5 days. I live in the Bay Area and the weather is pretty temperate this time of year.

@Nathan I have been thinking my alignment is off also because I feel the steering wheel is off center by about 1-2 degrees, and I feel the car does tend to pull in that direction. Where did you get your alignment done, did you file a service request with Tesla or went to another shop?

I'm averaging 300 to 305 wh / mile on freeway/highway trips in my MXP. But given that rated is 291 and I always did about 30 better than rated in my P85D which is 310 wh / mile, so I should be getting in 260 wh / mile range. My alignment was just done and the castor was really out but the range didn't improve. My total front toe is exactly zero, so that's probably part of the problem. Need a little negative toe (toe out) to have optimal range.

I ended up getting my alignment done by tesla here are the numbers, haven't driven the car much since, but I feel that I am seeing a slight improvement in efficiency, although I am still experiencing 3-5% of phantom drain daily. I requested having a remote battery performance test to be performed, which they agreed to do, don't have the results yet.

1663190554947.png

I ended up getting my alignment done by tesla here are the numbers, haven't driven the car much since, but I feel that I am seeing a slight improvement in efficiency, although I am still experiencing 3-5% of phantom drain daily. I requested having a remote battery performance test to be performed, which they agreed to do, don't have the results yet.

Let us know how your range is. Front positive toe on an AWD vehicle is usually not as as desirable as negative toe (or toe out) as the wheels are pulled forward under power causing negative toe to swing to toe in as the front axles are pulled forward.