Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model X & S Waiting Room - AUSTRALIA (Orders cancelled by Tesla May2023)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i've got my Model S order in, but have to say, the thought of German Quality compared to Tesla and it being a wagon makes me quite tempted to call Audi: Hurrah! It’s the Audi A6 Avant e-tron concept
It does look good. My main concerns are how long it will be and how quickly they will ramp production.
Also, Tesla might be bad for panel gaps but they make a very good electric drive train. I'd have to guess better than Audi, but just a guess.

Fingers crossed! Locked my White with 21s Plaid in for 223k. Dont think ill go ahead if it goes to 240k+
I reckon a fully optioned Plaid will be closer to $300k now. I'd read the fine print on your contract, that is a huge Delta for Tesla to swallow and they don't have a great history of looking after customers. The website has had pricing and spec TBA for 6 months or more. These orders will be a lot more profitable for Tesla to prioritise than earlier orders with a price in the contract. Tesla might just bump delivery back of early orders. You can see ETA's on Model 3 and Y changing on the website in other markets favouring orders with higher priced options. Choosing FSD on a Model Y knocks 7 months off delivery ETA for example.

I reckon a fully optioned Plaid will be closer to $300k now. I'd read the fine print on your contract, that is a huge Delta for Tesla to swallow and they don't have a great history of looking after customers. The website has had pricing and spec TBA for 6 months or more. These orders will be a lot more profitable for Tesla to prioritise than earlier orders with a price in the contract. Tesla might just bump delivery back of early orders. You can see ETA's on Model 3 and Y changing on the website in other markets favouring orders with higher priced options. Choosing FSD on a Model Y knocks 7 months off delivery ETA for example.
Yes, but Tesla has also been honouring upgrades on locked in prices in the US, so people who order Model Y LR last year have been able to upgrade to MY Performance for 2020 $$$. This is new (it used to be one option at the discretion of your sales contact).

Yes, but Tesla has also been honouring upgrades on locked in prices in the US, so people who order Model Y LR last year have been able to upgrade to MY Performance for 2020 $$$. This is new (it used to be one option at the discretion of your sales contact).

I hope so, with the adverse currency conversion, our LCT, GST and ridiculous stamp duty, any US price increases on S and X are effectively doubled by the time the car is in the hands of an Australian customer.

Received an Email from Tesla Illinois to ask if i would be interested in upgrading/trade-in my current X to the refresh MX , so it seems Tesla is looking at fulfilling overseas orders soon , also i read an article that Tesla will start overseas production from Q2

Received an Email from Tesla Illinois to ask if i would be interested in upgrading/trade-in my current X to the refresh MX , so it seems Tesla is looking at fulfilling overseas orders soon , also i read an article that Tesla will start overseas production from Q2
Legit? Its too late to be April Fools!

Hope you are correct, I have had no contact and I am a S owner and also reservation holder for the new S

Hope you are correct, I have had no contact and I am a S owner and also reservation holder for the new S

it is also possible that he thought i was a US customer , otherwise why did he contact me from Tesla Illinois , i did reply him asking about the timeline for Australia will update what he says

"
Hi Jatin,

This is Jonthan from Tesla! hHow's your Tesla been treating you so far?

I'm reaching out to let you know that Tesla has updated the Model X with tons of new features, more range and you could use your current Tesla as a trade-in towards the new car.

Would you be interested in exploring upgrading your Tesla?

Best Regards,

Jonathan | Tesla | Illinois
"

Reactions: JayTee

Tesla know I have had an S, have a M3P and X and looking to upgrade the current X to a new X and they have not contacted me....with 25+ referrals and 7+ years of owning Tesla's you'd think they would be calling long time customers first....maybe there is a city in the USA that is similar spelling to Melbourne and Tesla Illinois just mistook you for a USA buyer ;)

Reactions: moa999
Tesla know I have had an S, have a M3P and X and looking to upgrade the current X to a new X and they have not contacted me....with 25+ referrals and 7+ years of owning Tesla's you'd think they would be calling long time customers first....maybe there is a city in the USA that is similar spelling to Melbourne and Tesla Illinois just mistook you for a USA buyer ;)
ya looks like that after my reply to him he never replied to me 😆