Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model X & S Waiting Room - AUSTRALIA (Orders cancelled by Tesla May2023)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It will be interesting to see what happens to all those people who placed orders especially in the UK. There would have been possibly 1000’s of S and X orders placed before the price was removed given the size of that market. Now the British £ has devalued considerably against the $US since then, so will Tesla honour those orders or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: moa999
It will be interesting to see what happens to all those people who placed orders especially in the UK. There would have been possibly 1000’s of S and X orders placed before the price was removed given the size of that market. Now the British £ has devalued considerably against the $US since then, so will Tesla honour those orders or not.
Traditionally they have. But the wait has never been this long. I guess technically all Tesla has to do to get out of their side of the contract is to slightly change (update) the car before it arrives and call it a new model. Or they could just do what Toyota did to all their customers with contracts, which was to basically just add $X to the price and tell them to pay the extra or lose the car.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221012_094017.jpg
    Screenshot_20221012_094017.jpg
    618.3 KB · Views: 73
I read the links above but it wasn't quite clear - does that mean Tesla are going to be manufacturing the S/X in China now? Last thing I remember seeing from Tesla was that only Freemont could...

If they're manufacturing in China now that does bode well for us I would think ...

Reactions: Tension
@Burnt Toast - why the thumbs down? I have been told this by someone that works in Tesla....I have a few contacts in Tesla and whilst it may not pan out the plates have been spotted in Shanghai....read in to it what you may but I see no reason Tesla would not want to expand out production of the S/X elsewhere, especially as Shanghai production is vastly cheaper than Freemont (as well as Freemont never seems like it will be able to catch up on backorders of USA bound deliveries)....makes a lot of sense to me.

@Burnt Toast - why the thumbs down? I have been told this by someone that works in Tesla....I have a few contacts in Tesla and whilst it may not pan out the plates have been spotted in Shanghai....read in to it what you may but I see no reason Tesla would not want to expand out production of the S/X elsewhere, especially as Shanghai production is vastly cheaper than Freemont (as well as Freemont never seems like it will be able to catch up on backorders of USA bound deliveries)....makes a lot of sense to me.
Because that just means they're exporting them from Freemont to China. This is common knowledge, theyve sent texts out to owners to prepare for delivery thus month. It's got nothing to do with production moving. It would be great If it did, but they won't move the S and X line to China until the next generation.

Reactions: TehEno
Because that just means they're exporting them from Freemont to China. This is common knowledge, theyve sent texts out to owners to prepare for delivery thus month. It's got nothing to do with production moving. It would be great If it did, but they won't move the S and X line to China until the next generation.
If their exporting them to China why would they be doing this at ALL if they're not considering tooling up to for S production in China?

Makes zero sense to me...