Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model X & S Waiting Room - AUSTRALIA (Orders cancelled by Tesla May2023)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Me too....but the tech on the Merc's have been getting a really bad rap....do a bit of Google searching or look up The Electric Viking on YouTube.....makes me a bit worried to go a Merc EV atm tbh....but I do like the EQE shape....
I’m also watching the eqe. I just want an ev with a working cruise control and voice recognition...but the big screen dash looks fun so I will be getting that. By the time it gets to australia the bugs should be out.

With going into Europe, I think you'll find its closer than we realise. They'll actually need a RHD sooner rather than later because of that very mixed market. Larger vehicles are also less in demand than the US.. They won't be waiting until demand dries before working on the RHD version because of the lead time. Fingers crossed we see one soon.

With going into Europe, I think you'll find its closer than we realise. They'll actually need a RHD sooner rather than later because of that very mixed market. Larger vehicles are also less in demand than the US.. They won't be waiting until demand dries before working on the RHD version because of the lead time. Fingers crossed we see one soon.
I think this is a case of wishful thinking. If orders open up for UK then it won’t be far off. Until then its vaporware.

I'm sick of waiting for the Plaid replacement to arrive so I am shopping alternatives ATM. Once you get over $300k there are some pretty compelling alternatives. I'm interested in the EQS but initially you can only get the top spec AMG which will be closer to $400k OTR and will depreciate to

$100k- ish after 5 years. Service and parts costs out of warranty will also be horrendous. That probably makes it a non-starter for me even though it is likely to be the best alternative.

I'm looking at a Porsche Taycan Cross-Turismo ATM and will test drive it when I get the chance over the next couple of weeks. You can get a decent spec'd top model in the mid $300's OTR and it will likely have better retained value. The top model is also available in about 6-8 months which is also a consideration given how long delivery times have become - years in some cases.

I suspect that the Tesla S/X will still be best in the tech department and I would certainly miss that. After 5 years and 110,000 km's in my X I'm just sick of waiting for the Plaid which may never arrive here and will cost a bomb if it ever does.

A Roadster would be good; but I've come to the conclusion that car is a myth and will never eventuate.

So I drove the Taycan and really didn't like it at all. Tech was second rate, everything was optional at great cost and the lack of regeneration was annoying after 7yrs in Tesla's. Range was very average as a result. No assisted driving tech to speak of, user interface was crap and salesman was a DH who essentially treated me like an inexperienced punter buying my first car

No thanks.

Looked at the EQS AMG, didn’t suit my needs as much as I thought it would. Expensive options meant it was close to $400k drive away. New fixed pricing model model made it a "no thanks" with so much choice coming into the market now.

Checked out the range of BMW EV's, they now have an EV variant for every ICE model either here or arriving imminently. After 3hrs with an i7 on Saturday I left with a sales contract for a fully optioned i7 M60 in my hand. The only inferior aspect to my updated Tesla P100D is the straight line performance as it is noticeably slower at 4.7 secs 0-100kmh. They have announced a higher performance i7 M70 is being released overseas. I have the option in the contract to change to the M70 if it is released before my car is delivered mid next year

I'll still keep my Model S P100D but I'll trade the X. So I'll still have a Tesla in the garage for now.

The competition has finally caught up.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: TSELA and Hairyman
So I drove the Taycan and really didn't like it at all. Tech was second rate, everything was optional at great cost and the lack of regeneration was annoying after 7yrs in Tesla's. Range was very average as a result. No assisted driving tech to speak of, user interface was crap and salesman was a DH who essentially treated me like an inexperienced punter buying my first car

No thanks.

Looked at the EQS AMG, didn’t suit my needs as much as I thought it would. Expensive options meant it was close to $400k drive away. New fixed pricing model model made it a "no thanks" with so much choice coming into the market now.

Checked out the range of BMW EV's, they now have an EV variant for every ICE model either here or arriving imminently. After 3hrs with an i7 on Saturday I left with a sales contract for a fully optioned i7 M60 in my hand. The only inferior aspect to my updated Tesla P100D is the straight line performance as it is noticeably slower at 4.7 secs 0-100kmh. They have announced a higher performance i7 M70 is being released overseas. I have the option in the contract to change to the M70 if it is released before my car is delivered mid next year

I'll still keep my Model S P100D but I'll trade the X. So I'll still have a Tesla in the garage for now.

The competition has finally caught up.
Respectfully and literally by your own admission, the competition hasn't caught up, the i7 is a lot slower in a straight line than any Model S. The thing that bothers me about the i7 aside from its looks is the fact it's an ICE vehicle with a battery and motors. BMW appear to be great at making efficient EV motors (the motors appear to be more efficient than Tesla motors, with the i4 having similar efficiency to the model 3, in base form, despite being an ice based car and suffering a massive weight penalty). I think that I've based EVs are fundamentally flawed. Also, if you're worried about depreciation on the EQS, isn't the 7 series traditionally the car with one of the highest depreciation in Australia?

Regardless, it's a pity that Tesla has lost a long time early adopter customer like you, through their apathy and inability to get anywhere close to shipping deadlines. It appears their organisation and planning really hasn't grown as the company has, they're still acting like a start up company. And with Elon clearly completely distracted with this twitter nonsense, I can't see the situation getting any better.