Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model X & S Waiting Room - AUSTRALIA (Orders cancelled by Tesla May2023)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I drove the Taycan and really didn't like it at all. Tech was second rate, everything was optional at great cost and the lack of regeneration was annoying after 7yrs in Tesla's. Range was very average as a result. No assisted driving tech to speak of, user interface was crap and salesman was a DH who essentially treated me like an inexperienced punter buying my first car

No thanks.

Looked at the EQS AMG, didn’t suit my needs as much as I thought it would. Expensive options meant it was close to $400k drive away. New fixed pricing model model made it a "no thanks" with so much choice coming into the market now.

Checked out the range of BMW EV's, they now have an EV variant for every ICE model either here or arriving imminently. After 3hrs with an i7 on Saturday I left with a sales contract for a fully optioned i7 M60 in my hand. The only inferior aspect to my updated Tesla P100D is the straight line performance as it is noticeably slower at 4.7 secs 0-100kmh. They have announced a higher performance i7 M70 is being released overseas. I have the option in the contract to change to the M70 if it is released before my car is delivered mid next year

I'll still keep my Model S P100D but I'll trade the X. So I'll still have a Tesla in the garage for now.

The competition has finally caught up.
How's the tech in that? I'm looking for an alternative as well as Musk can just go jump, but the tech in the Teslas is most of the appeal for me (even though they seem to be going backwards with this whole ultrasonic sensor removal, and they can't seem to get auto parking, auto wipers, or until recently it seems, auto headlights working, things that just work fine in my 10 year old current car and did not need reinventing whatsoever.

How's the tech in that? I'm looking for an alternative as well as Musk can just go jump, but the tech in the Teslas is most of the appeal for me (even though they seem to be going backwards with this whole ultrasonic sensor removal, and they can't seem to get auto parking, auto wipers, or until recently it seems, auto headlights working, things that just work fine in my 10 year old current car and did not need reinventing whatsoever.
I think he's looking for the singularity in one of his Tesla designs

• Funny
Reactions: henderrj
Elon has been such a huge disappointment on so many levels. I will find it hard to buy another Tesla (and not just because I can't buy a new S or X in Aus). The trouble is that the only other EV that appeals to me is the Cross Turismo - but that car is not perfect and close to $400k when fully spec'd.

The new A6 concept looks fantastic, but, who knows how watered down the real thing will be...

For now we will just need to take good care of our +5 year old S and X...
1671866516472.png

Attachments

• 1671866470684.png
    1671866470684.png
    600.7 KB · Views: 59
  • Funny
Reactions: STUtoday and paulp
Tesla now offering round steering wheels on S & X, probably clutching at straws however this could be a step to appease the red tape brigade that is Australia

Or the fact that a crap ton of people don't want a stupid looking half steering wheel...we're not driving a formula one car or flying a plane here...reason, just some: 3-point turn (hard/er if not round), parking (not using Tesla auto-park, it's crap), resting elbow on door to hand on steering wheel (tough guy, or just comfortable, hand sits natually above cut off on half steering wheel).

Now, how about stupid lack of stalks for the indicator?! I have to trust Tesla to know when I am going to turn or press a button on the steering wheel...serious? That is dumb as you know what.

If you're right with the round steering wheel being offered I'll be very happy with that and much more likely to go ahead with both the new S/X....if Tesla don't offer the round steering wheel I may just hold off until they do...really such a stupid idea for a road car.

Now, how about stupid lack of stalks for the indicator?! I have to trust Tesla to know when I am going to turn or press a button on the steering wheel...serious? That is dumb as you know what.
Especially so if those capacitive buttons decide to stop working. There goes your indicators. Happened in marques brownlee's recent video about his Plaid. When was the last time you had an indicator stalk break?