Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model X & S Waiting Room - AUSTRALIA (Orders cancelled by Tesla May2023)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting little snippet to be able to configure to not get the yoke (although the idea of not having stalks still seems very odd). Wonder if this means production for Australia is getting significantly closer, otherwise why bother tweaking the website.

With forex and the litany of taxes, gotta be worth 40-50k here. Lets hope the plaid price eventually gets to what it was with '19-'20 Performance models (they did get down to ~92k USD at lowest point).

Yep I'll keep dreaming......

Last edited:
Yep this is a huge price drop and puts a Model S Plaid easily under 200K drive away going on current exchange rates. However that’s if and it’s a big if, they translate those prices to Australia when it’s finally available here. They have not currently reduced prices in Europe or China for the S and X.

Yep this is a huge price drop and puts a Model S Plaid easily under 200K drive away going on current exchange rates. However that’s if and it’s a big if, they translate those prices to Australia when it’s finally available here. They have not currently reduced prices in Europe or China for the S and X.
I believe the Plaid was listed at 189k drive away when it first launched here. It think that's what it will sell for when it's launched. Unless these prices are to shift stock before hardware 4 arrives and then it will bounce back upwards. Hardware 4 is imminent.

It was around 215k when first launched.
My order agreement was 223k drive away with the 21" wheel upgrade before the prices went up and then away altogether.
When first launched my Model S order was $164k (incl paint & wheels) and when prices were increasing I was happy to receive Tesla’s email saying they would honour the ordered price when the car was eventually delivered. However if the prices keep dropping and the delays keep extending . . .

Interview with Franz about the introduction of the conventional wheel on the S

It sounds like they got feedback that the yoke was indeed a showstopper holding up some people from buying the car.

if somebody loved the car but the yoke was in the way, we want to remove that obstacle,” the Tesla Chief designer said.

Also - 3/Y will retain the stalks

Reactions: johnchidgey
More detail on the EQE pricing.

The base models are a little sluggish and even the dual motor S is quicker than the AMG version, but it's probably the closest in competition (as a premium long wheelbase sedan) to the S.

Last edited: