Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model X Window Sunshades

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for interior Sunshades that fit into the windows of the FWD. I see these on Tesla's shop but it says it's not compatible with the refreshed Model X. Is that true?

Also are there any options that are known for the windows themselves (for our child in the back)

Looking for interior Sunshades that fit into the windows of the FWD. I see these on Tesla's shop but it says it's not compatible with the refreshed Model X. Is that true?

Also are there any options that are known for the windows themselves (for our child in the back)
Hi I thought Tesla website shows that it fits all Model years?

I ordered a set of windshield + driver and passenger in Gold for my plaid, and a front in silver for my Mom’s 3. Get them from HeatShield.

The Plaid’s front fitment is a little off and not as tight and perfect as the one I had before, for my Acura (that’s how I found this brand) the sides are perfect and I think it’s cool that they are even made! My mom’s 3 windshield one fits perfectly, cause it’s a 3, of course.

I’m debating sending the MS front one back because of the sketchy fit. But all in all, I’m pleased. Very, very solid product for what they are, and they make all the standard shields people use look like junk. If the fit is right, you can just pop them right in, with no support needed from the visors, or anything. Can even avoid hitting the RV mirror and messing up your configuration when donning & doffing. I love them.

But back to the subject of the post: the sides are great. They fit as well as I could expect them to, and the suction cups (with pull rings to ensure you can take them off easily from any direction) are nice, withstand the heat, and have not fallen off or been damaged yet.

I didn’t get a set for the rear passengers or hatch because those windows are tinted in 5% and I think it’s enough to get the heat to buzz off, even in a black/black car like mine.