Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh MS LR rental or test drive within driving distance of Chicago?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My LR delivery date is coming soon but I'm still on the fence about the LR vs the Plaid, getting an MYP instead, or hanging on to my P85D until there are more interesting options on the market. Tesla has no MS demos available for test drives, and nobody knows if/when they might get some. Considering renting one on Turo for a day, but there are only Plaids, no LRs.

Anyone know of any LR demos or LRs on Turo in near by cities?

Or, as a long shot, would anyone with a refresh LR within driving distance of Chicago be willing to rent theirs for a hour or so? Happy to pay for the time, and would obviously share insurance info, leave my car with them, etc. Not looking to drive it hard, I know what to expect performance wise, I'm mostly interested in trying the yoke and getting a feel for the suspension and how it compares to my P85D+.

Just to test out the very things you said. Put it chill or something. Everything will be more or less the same. I would have loved that option. But nothing is available out where I live. Plaid or otherwise.
Yup, if I don't find any other options to drive the LR I'll just rent the Plaid on Turo and drive it in sport mode, which based on some YouTube videos is comparable to the LR in terms of acceleration. But I know I'll be tempted to do some launches in Plaid mode, which will likely lead to an irrational purchase decision, so....

• Funny
Reactions: Zcd1