Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh MXP- Auto dome lights keep reverting to off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2022 Model X Plaid on 2022.20.17 and I noticed just the other night when I put the car in park, the dome lights don’t come on. I checked settings and the dome lights were set to off. If I set it to auto then the dome lights turn on however on the next drive it resets back to off and I can’t get it to stay on auto. I’m assuming this is a software issue and i did a 2 scroll reset but still doing it.

Anyone else experiencing this and how do I submit this to Tesla so they can fix it on a future update?

Reactions: SWSPB and jiehan
I have a 2022 Model X Plaid on 2022.20.17 and I noticed just the other night when I put the car in park, the dome lights don’t come on. I checked settings and the dome lights were set to off. If I set it to auto then the dome lights turn on however on the next drive it resets back to off and I can’t get it to stay on auto. I’m assuming this is a software issue and i did a 2 scroll reset but still doing it.

Anyone else experiencing this and how do I submit this to Tesla so they can fix it on a future update?
Did you check all driver profiles? You may be setting it for Easy Access and not for the actual profile for yourself.

Did you check all driver profiles? You may be setting it for Easy Access and not for the actual profile for yourself.
Checked this and it still does it. I notice that when i pull into the garage, i check the settings and dome lights are set to auto but as soon as i put the car in park, it reverts to off. Super weird. Hopefully they fix this soon.

Anyone get any traction on this issue yet? I've tried changing profiles, saving after moving the seat, etc. Nothing works. Lights come on when the car is unlocked but go off when opening the door. At home they don't come on at all automatically.

Anyone get any traction on this issue yet? I've tried changing profiles, saving after moving the seat, etc. Nothing works. Lights come on when the car is unlocked but go off when opening the door. At home they don't come on at all automatically.
What software version are you on? Still have same issue here. Going to service center in a couple weeks for an unrelated issue and going to have them look at it. But I presume it's a software bug.

Just adding record of another car with same issue. I jsut searcehd and found this thread but last week I made a service reqest and they set the date for Oct 21st.
Got new FSDb (.3)last night and issues still there

Same problem…started happening in the last 3 weeks. I do not use theater or arcade mode so that is not the cause. Also have checked and resaved profile but reverts back to off immediately after closing my door. Is there anywhere to report or ask how to fix the issue. I need the lights when i open my back door but the dome lights revert to off when i open the door.

Wanted to update this. Got a call from service today and told me that they became aware of this issue last week and that it is being addressed in .36 release.
He also pointed out that since Im on FSDb that I will be a couple of releases behind .