Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh rear camber adjustable? I think so.....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sorka

Feb 28, 2015
Merced, CA

If the refresh X's rear suspension design and attachment is the same as the refresh S, it should be possible to remove excess negative rear camber with shims. Not as optimal of course as a turnbuckle adjustable link but my experience with camber adjustment is that once you set it, it's set for life and might only sag negative by -0.1 degrees over the course of 100K miles.

• Informative
Reactions: Harvey Danger
I saw this and was thinking the exact same thing!

I am concerned about material incompatibility though. Just as an example, if the bracket and cradle were aluminum and we introduced a stainless washer between, corrosion would develop between the aluminum and stainless parts. Not knowing the material of the bracket and cradle makes me nervous.

Another option is to also place a plastic washer between the materials, rubber shims, or coated washers to prevent contact of the incompatible materials.

Oh yeah, need longer bolts too, depending on how much the upper control arms are shimmed.

Does anyone know if the Plaid refresh X rear control arms are the same as the Plaid refresh S?

Went on McMaster Carr to check available washers. One of these would probably be good once we know the size of the bolt... I'm thinking these two are possible options for chemical and corrosion resistance.

1645975354813.png

Reactions: sorka