Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Revisit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Vitaman

Supporting Member
Aug 9, 2014
Decatur, GA
Have a 2019 Raven X that I’m trading in tomorrow.
For those who gone from X to new X ….. if you had the choice….. would you have kept the Steering Wheel and turn signal stalks but had everything else refreshed? or stick with the entirety of the refresh as is?

Have a 2019 Raven X that I’m trading in tomorrow.
For those who gone from X to new X ….. if you had the choice….. would you have kept the Steering Wheel and turn signal stalks but had everything else refreshed? or stick with the entirety of the refresh as is?
Mine has not arrived yet, but I can't wait to get rid of the round steering wheel that I can barely see through, and the crazy collection of stalks.

• Funny
Reactions: strider
Nope.... After about 20 minutes I totally fell in love with the Yoke.... had to get used to a little awkwardness with 3 point turns but for 98% of my driving which is straight line and left/right turns it is great...... Also the turn signals were a non-issue, got used to those right away..... Even my wife loved it which shocked me, she usually does not like drastic change too much. I thought it was going to take a while and some coaxing for her to come around to the Yoke, but it was also immediate.

Nope.... After about 20 minutes I totally fell in love with the Yoke.... had to get used to a little awkwardness with 3 point turns but for 98% of my driving which is straight line and left/right turns it is great...... Also the turn signals were a non-issue, got used to those right away..... Even my wife loved it which shocked me, she usually does not like drastic change too much. I thought it was going to take a while and some coaxing for her to come around to the Yoke, but it was also immediate.

Love the Yoke as well, especially if you are using AP alot. A little awkward with the 3 point turns, U-turns, etc., but for 90+% of driving it is awesome. Almost makes me want to get a Plaid S to replace my P100D with old school circular steering wheel 😄

Yoke is novel and feels good in your hands, but after a week of learning curve it is not enjoyable at low speeds with big turns.
Couple that with the turn signals that require at least a cursory glance and problems can ensue.
Regularly need to make a 90 degree turn from a stop on a side street onto a 4 lane rated at 45 mph where most go 55.....followed by a right hand turn (where is that button?) almost immediately to turn into work.
With fast moving traffic the plaid can merge better than almost any car, but negotiating the turn plus signaling is tricky business.