Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh S - Dashcam Viewer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• DC4E8EAC-355A-47AD-81FB-64E30749303D.jpeg
    DC4E8EAC-355A-47AD-81FB-64E30749303D.jpeg
    370.2 KB · Views: 129
hey all, sorry new tesla owner here (Plaid). I do see the dashcam icon however no idea how it works. do you press it? is it always on? can someone elaborate how you're supposed to use it?

thank you!
If you want to view a event that the drivers displays tells you about you have to use the voice command open dash cam viewer currently. …CAR MUST BE IN PARK… Once you receive software 2021.24.2 or newer it will have a button for the new S/x to click for the dashcam viewer Within the dashcam button. If you want to save clip for any reason just click the dashcam icon in the settings and it will save. To view that save clipped you must do what I said above and the car must be in park. another way to save video clips is to turn on “save on honk.” That setting is in the safety settings in the cars setting screen. This will do exactly what it states in its name. Save the video clip when you pressed the horn. Sentry mode works whenever the car is in park, if you did not config your setting in a different method. I suggest for battery saving purpose, and if you feel comfortable, having sentry mode off when at home park if you can. There are plenty of reason why people leave sentry mode on all the time. Maybe they park outside, apartment, condo living etc. Again you have the option to set it the way you want via the car safety screen. Just check those option And make the choice that best fits your needs.

The "open dashcam viewer" command is no longer working after I updated to 2021.24.4. Had it working in .3. Is anyone else having this problem?
In 2021.24.x, you should now have the icon allowing you to access the dashcam viewer.
1629910211959.png

Last edited:
In 2021.24.x, you should now have the icon allowing you to access the dashcam viewer.
View attachment 701191

I have that icon on my tool bar but it only opens the rear cameras. Trying to figure out if I need to contact the Tesla service center.

I have that icon on my tool bar but it only opens the rear cameras. Trying to figure out if I need to contact the Tesla service center.
In 2021.24.x, there should be two different camera icons. The icon you are referring to is for the rear cameras. If you look at the top left in the image shown below, you can see there is a Dashcam icon circled in yellow. You should be able to tap the button on the dock to show the other available icons and hopefully you'll see the Dashcam icon there. (FYI, you can drag desired buttons down to the lower bar so that they are always visible.)

If it's not there yet, then you might need to wait for another firmware update.

1629913882629.png

In 2021.24.x, there should be two different camera icons. The icon you are referring to is for the rear cameras. If you look at the top left in the image shown below, you can see there is a Dashcam icon circled in yellow. You should be able to tap the button on the dock to show the other available icons and hopefully you'll see the Dashcam icon there. (FYI, you can drag desired buttons down to the lower bar so that they are always visible.)

If it's not there yet, then you might need to wait for another firmware update.

View attachment 701234
Thanks - I'll check that on my drive home.

Any updates on this? Got a new plaid yesterday and dashcam viewer not working and no icon available in infotainment center
I'm on 2021.24.4. I found the icon and moved it to my menu bar. Yesterday I tried to activate it and the screen says Dashcam Viewer is unavailable. I called Tesla and they recommended rebooting the system which I will do later today. In fact, I was told that the system should be rebooted/refreshed every 5 days or so. Does everyone else do this?

Nice, congrats. I get my car back today after having PPF, ceramic, and tinting done. I will play around with all the computer stuff later today once I get it back.
Congrats on the long range model also. Still an amazing car with impressive speed and performance. I think over time you will really grow to enjoy it. Thanks again for the information regarding the dash cam viewer.Hopefully I can get that up and running soon.

Reactions: gadelrosario