Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh S - Large Center Console Storage Light Wired Incorrectly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my new MS LR this week and was cleaning/organizing it today. I noticed that the light for the largest section of my center console is wired backwards. When the full door is fully open, the lowest light for the large section is turned off.

When the full door starts to close, the light turns on and stays on even when the door is fully closed.

Any thoughts? Is it time for my first service call?

Attachments

• F6952D9F-394B-490E-9DE0-EFEAB2454663.jpeg
    F6952D9F-394B-490E-9DE0-EFEAB2454663.jpeg
    410.7 KB · Views: 308
  • BAF38410-36CC-496C-9A12-55532E3A733D.jpeg
    BAF38410-36CC-496C-9A12-55532E3A733D.jpeg
    336.1 KB · Views: 239
Reactions: cwanja
Looks like a very common problem. I started this thread for this issue as well

Reactions: cwanja
Whole essay about it here, and the saga to convince the tesla shops that it is indeed incorrect. Enjoy! :)

I received 2022.8.2 last night and it made mine go from not working at all, to working what is "considered" wrong...where it comes on except when fully opened.
I wish they would just give us and on/off button and be done with the Swiss Army knife switches

My car was in service for 2 weeks for this (I owned car for 3 weeks so far) they replaced entire center console and gave me back the car. Exact same problem!!!! They then shrugged shoulders and said oh well I guess that’s how it is and asked me to take it home… said there is no way to fix it. Main large cubby still turns on when closing lid. The sliding cubby light is ok. Suggestions?

My car was in service for 2 weeks for this (I owned car for 3 weeks so far) they replaced entire center console and gave me back the car. Exact same problem!!!! They then shrugged shoulders and said oh well I guess that’s how it is and asked me to take it home… said there is no way to fix it. Main large cubby still turns on when closing lid. The sliding cubby light is ok. Suggestions?
They have to rewire the switch. It's fixable, but hard. It takes a few hours.

See the posts in this thread where some of us have been able to get the service center to actually fix the issue.

Just seeing these long threads about this issue (which I also had). Took my 2022 Model S in, in February, they tried to fix the wiring/switches but broke something and so they had to order an entire new center console. The new console went in last week, but it had the same exact issues. They had my car for four days and eventually did find the issue and fix it. Here is what my invoice says, if it helps anyone else.

Attachments

• IMG_3712.jpeg
    IMG_3712.jpeg
    179.5 KB · Views: 115
Just seeing these long threads about this issue (which I also had). Took my 2022 Model S in, in February, they tried to fix the wiring/switches but broke something and so they had to order an entire new center console. The new console went in last week, but it had the same exact issues. They had my car for four days and eventually did find the issue and fix it. Here is what my invoice says, if it helps anyone else.
@RandyChicago, any chance you can share the specific service center and/or the technician name? My local service center has been struggling with this issue and could probably use some knowledge sharing. Apparently they found a micro switch to flip that fixed the issue, but now everything else works in reverse.🙃