Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh S, Passenger Screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw a video on Facebook and went and confirmed myself. If you shine a light on the passenger side trim above the glovebox you can CLEARLY see they planned for a passenger screen, and what looks like a display above the glove box. Is it an actually hooked-up display? I'm not sure. Wondering if anyone has pulled the trim off and looked behind?

Saw a video on Facebook and went and confirmed myself. If you shine a light on the passenger side trim above the glovebox you can CLEARLY see they planned for a passenger screen, and what looks like a display above the glove box. Is it an actually hooked-up display? I'm not sure. Wondering if anyone has pulled the trim off and looked behind?

I've been wondering this since Day 1. Is there a deactivated screen behind there? I mean, why was there a giant screen protector on this all the way along, and why make it glossy otherwise?

The Roadster 2.0 has a little screen in/behind the strip than ran across the dash on the passenger side. Back when the Plaid+ was still on the table, I was thinking that Tesla may incorporate something similar for the passenger in there. Still very curious about this! Here's a couple shots of that Roadster screen, there's a similar one on the driver's side too.

Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 8.50.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 8.50.39 PM.png

I recall reading on either Reddit or an article somewhere that there was some speculation due to the way light shined against the dash. I think they settled on it being a single piece from the center screen to the end of the dash, but no actual screen. What the hell would go there with such a small screen real estate?

I recall reading on either Reddit or an article somewhere that there was some speculation due to the way light shined against the dash. I think they settled on it being a single piece from the center screen to the end of the dash, but no actual screen. What the hell would go there with such a small screen real estate?
I came to the same conclusion. The passenger side dash is see-through to match the driver side. It looks like a screen is behind it, but there is not. They just did a good job of matching driver side and passanger.

Reactions: cwanja