Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh S Stereo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this an iPhone app?
Yes

• Helpful
Reactions: jebinc
Yes
Many thanks!

Reactions: Muzzman1
Keep in mind, you're also streaming from YouTube which is going to be extremely low quality
It would not be hard to put some pink noise on a USB stick and perform the same tests, only difference is that upper frequencies would probably be a but more level with the spectrum. in other words, results would probably improve.
But yes, who knows what sampling rate youtube is sending out to the cars.

I don't know if we are listening to the same sound system or not but, using the built in streaming option from Slacker (or whatever it is called now) my Plaid has the best OEM car system out of any I have ever experienced.
Agreed.
Try playing Bohemian Rhapsody loud
Set balance slightly to the back seat.
Very impressive. Blew me away.

It would not be hard to put some pink noise on a USB stick and perform the same tests, only difference is that upper frequencies would probably be a but more level with the spectrum. in other words, results would probably improve.
But yes, who knows what sampling rate youtube is sending out to the cars.
Pink Noise sound file here:

• Informative
Reactions: GroovaEV and jebinc
I don't know if we are listening to the same sound system or not but, using the built in streaming option from Slacker (or whatever it is called now) my Plaid has the best OEM car system out of any I have ever experienced.
I agree, after listening to a lot of different music parts, I think the system is by far the best I have listed too also. Move the center back, right behind driver/passenger seat and turn immersive sound to high.

Reactions: SoCal Buzz
This. Mine seems a lot better with the latest firmware, but I still think the Y sounds noticeably better.
Just did a pink noise test in my 2022 MS LR. Latest Holiday Update installed. I used the Spectroid app, from Google Play store. Here is the screenshot.

The response is exemplary. I suspect some people prefer a non-flat response. They want more bass or treble. That's good, but it may not be hi-fi.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211226-115949_Spectroid.jpg
    Screenshot_20211226-115949_Spectroid.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 83
Just did a pink noise test in my 2022 MS LR. Latest Holiday Update installed. I used the Spectroid app, from Google Play store. Here is the screenshot.

The response is exemplary. I suspect some people prefer a non-flat response. They want more bass or treble. That's good, but it may not be hi-fi.
Previous screen was with bass set +1 in the equalizer. This one is with all bands flat.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211226-121823_Spectroid.jpg
    Screenshot_20211226-121823_Spectroid.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
So can you explain what this means for non-audiophiles, and why it’s good?
That graph is measuring pink noise, which is essentially all the different audible frequencies playing at random generating what sounds like static.
The goal is to have all frequency levels equal (the flattest graph possible). A listening device is used to graph the sound into the graphs you see above.
The flatter the graph the more pure the sound representation will be from the source.
The refresh cars do an incredible job at this.
Most complaints I've heard is that the stage is too far forward, so people are sending the balance to the back.
I often listen to Stereo vintage HiFi, and maybe that's why I feel like the stage is perfect. I like a stereo sound more than an immersive sound. (that's just personal preference)
The data in the graphs show that the system itself does a pretty amazing job, especially considering this is without any modifications.

Reactions: SoCal Buzz
Moving the balance considerably rearward seems to improve the experience a lot and enlarge the sound stage. With the latest firmware my car no longer shows the interior diagram on the fader controls. Moving it rear helps