Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Schmresh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery about 2 months ago - just a week before they refreshed the front end, added the center console, and changed the standard wheels. I can't tell you how HAPPY I am with my car! I'm thrilled on all 3 of these particular fronts. Glad I ordered when I did and got what I got. The autopilot is absolutely incredible, premium sound dialed in and thumping away, and I've already got over 5k miles on it!

Needed to share this as I've seen so many unhappy posts about people taking delivery of cars that were "already the older model" . . . embrace the Model S you have whatever that is. They are all fantastic because they say T E S L A on them!

Good advice.

The continuous improvement (rather than model year update) approach that Tesla employs is hard for some to deal with. My recommendation is to jump in the pool and enjoy whenever you are in a position to do so. Every day driving a Tesla is better than any day waiting on the next thing Tesla might release.

I’m very happy with my March ‘15 vintage P85D with the ludicrous upgrade. It’s entirely a matter of personal taste, but I like the old nose. I’ve seen the new one in person at the Tyson’s Corner store and to my taste its snub-nosed look, which is good in pictures of the Model 3, is not so good on the Model S with its long body and swoopy lines. I’m also glad I have the yacht floor instead of the now-mandatory center console, and am particularly glad I don’t have the upcoming pedestrian noise-makers which will spoil the car’s unique ability to start moving in dead silence. The future enhancement I will miss is AP version 2, but that doesn’t make me like my current car less.

You are assuming that "feature" will always on. Since the law doesn't require it to be on, if Tesla does provide it, it will be controllable by the driver.
For the sake of future owners who like the MS's silence at low speeds, I hope you are right! I thought the noise-makers were going to be installed because upcoming law is going to require it. Even if it doesn't, having driver-controllable noise-makers in one's car may create a liability problem. If you choose to turn them off and run over some moron who blindly steps off the curb while staring at their phone and texting, then the moron's attorneys would claim you were reckless by turning off a safety feature that might have saved their client. There is no such exposure if you don't have the noise-makers in the first place.

I took delivery about 2 months ago - just a week before they refreshed the front end, added the center console, and changed the standard wheels. I can't tell you how HAPPY I am with my car! I'm thrilled on all 3 of these particular fronts. Glad I ordered when I did and got what I got. The autopilot is absolutely incredible, premium sound dialed in and thumping away, and I've already got over 5k miles on it!

Needed to share this as I've seen so many unhappy posts about people taking delivery of cars that were "already the older model" . . . embrace the Model S you have whatever that is. They are all fantastic because they say T E S L A on them!
It's great you have that outlook... With that said, I literally CANT WAIT to pick up my "refresh schmresh" at 11am! This is going to be a tough 4 hours!

Reactions: chriSharek
I definitely like the space between the seats instead of a console.
Old RWD frunk space is great and I use it all the time. (Got a trombone and trumpet in there this week.)
Wheels and nose cone - probably would've liked the newer ones just a little better. But I don't see either while I'm driving!

Curious on the new front end - where do you jump 12v to when the little battery dies? There has to be a way because you can't get into any part of the car with a dead 12v. From outside the cabin all the latches are only electrically activated.

Curious on the new front end - where do you jump 12v to when the little battery dies? There has to be a way because you can't get into any part of the car with a dead 12v. From outside the cabin all the latches are only electrically activated.

CLEAR!

%D0%B4%D1%84%D1%80-%D1%81-%D0%B4%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B6%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%BB%D1%8F%D0%BC%D0%B8.jpg

I definitely like the space between the seats instead of a console.
Old RWD frunk space is great and I use it all the time. (Got a trombone and trumpet in there this week.)
Wheels and nose cone - probably would've liked the newer ones just a little better. But I don't see either while I'm driving!

There's a mechanical release for the frunk that's accessible when there's no power (yes, that means that the frunk is no longer a secure space) the jump points are under the plastic cover near the windshield.

Don't you mean as long as they have a 90D badge on the back? ;)

Hey man - really, they are all great cars. While I personally (and I think you alluded to it) feel that the 90D is the sweet spot of range, price, and performance, they are all great cars.

Having said that, and having driven the X when my windshield was getting replaced (with only 4k miles on it), I'll take my Model S over the X ALL DAY LONG.

Reactions: Max*
Don't you mean and underlined badge?
No, I'm pretty sure he was referring specifically to the 90D -- metallic blue, 19" wheels, pano -- to be exact. :D

I got mine at almost exactly the same time (though mine did come with the center console) and I, too, have precisely zero
buyer's (or non-waiter's) remorse. We're talking about the difference between driving a Tesla and driving a not-Tesla here --
how can any other issues not fade into nit-picky insignificance? ;)

Btw, I think the OP meant "refresh, reshmesh", to follow the shm-formation pattern exactly (yes, there are rules!).

I’m very happy with my March ‘15 vintage P85D with the ludicrous upgrade. It’s entirely a matter of personal taste, but I like the old nose. I’ve seen the new one in person at the Tyson’s Corner store and to my taste its snub-nosed look, which is good in pictures of the Model 3, is not so good on the Model S with its long body and swoopy lines. I’m also glad I have the yacht floor instead of the now-mandatory center console, and am particularly glad I don’t have the upcoming pedestrian noise-makers which will spoil the car’s unique ability to start moving in dead silence. The future enhancement I will miss is AP version 2, but that doesn’t make me like my current car less.

+100!!

I have the same car from the same vintage... and feel the same way. After playing with the new console, it doesn't look or feel as nice as the carbon-fiber piece in the floor-based console. I like the nose cone look, especially from the side.

I wouldn't trade the last 5 months of Tesla ownership for the newer model even if I'd known it was coming. I am in love with my baby -- as is.

That said, I enhanced her (black wheels, dashcam, new mats, subwoofer, and other accessories.) as I do most things I love. The new nose is growing on me and I might do a facelift in a year or so once it becomes more readily available. I'll even jump on the headlights if Tesla offers that. If not, I'll still be in driving nirvana.

Hey man - really, they are all great cars. While I personally (and I think you alluded to it) feel that the 90D is the sweet spot of range, price, and performance, they are all great cars.

Having said that, and having driven the X when my windshield was getting replaced (with only 4k miles on it), I'll take my Model S over the X ALL DAY LONG.
Care to share what happened to your windshield at only 4K miles???