Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Speaker Rattle - Audio Shop Los Angeles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, I'm dealing with annoying speaker rattle in my 22 Model S Refresh that happens at sound frequency 72hz at moderate to loud volumes. I've brought it in to service several times, but they either don't fix it or claim it's "working as intended." I'm just an entitled jerk with the unrealistic expectation of clean sound on a 100k car :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm willing to pay an external shop if they can actually get all the rattle and vibration fixed. Can anyone recommend shops in the LA area that work on Teslas? I might get tint done as well while I'm at it if it's offered.

Hey all, I'm dealing with annoying speaker rattle in my 22 Model S Refresh that happens at sound frequency 72hz at moderate to loud volumes. I've brought it in to service several times, but they either don't fix it or claim it's "working as intended." I'm just an entitled jerk with the unrealistic expectation of clean sound on a 100k car :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm willing to pay an external shop if they can actually get all the rattle and vibration fixed. Can anyone recommend shops in the LA area that work on Teslas? I might get tint done as well while I'm at it if it's offered.

I had a speaker rattle in the a pillars in my 2021 MSP. They switched out both a pillars at dealership and the rattle is gone.

I had a speaker rattle in the a pillars in my 2021 MSP. They switched out both a pillars at dealership and the rattle is gone.
Yeah, unfortunately Tesla service isn't willing to work with me any more on this, which is why I'm looking for an aftermarket shop in LA. Service got the rattle to be much less significant but it's still there, and "working as intended" according to them.

Wonder if it's the speaker or just some trim piece fluttering. I use to use roofing mastic sheets to add weight and deaden the flex on panel pieces back when I use to tinker with car audio in the 90s. Sometimes using cloth rim tape (used on bicycles) can add enough dampening to prevent plastic from rattling and rubbing. I rarely have the music above 4 but I sympathize. I don't think it's too much to ask for them to fix the issue.

Yeah, unfortunately Tesla service isn't willing to work with me any more on this, which is why I'm looking for an aftermarket shop in LA. Service got the rattle to be much less significant but it's still there, and "working as intended" according to them.
I love bass and I crank it up to the point that things vibrate in the car such as the rearview mirrors in my past 2012 S, 2018 3, and present 2017 X. The bass sound is clean.

Tesla should fix that problem for you under the warranty.

Would you make a YouTube recording for the record?

Also Twitter that out.

If Tesla doesn't fix this for you, sure you'll have to pay someone else to do it for you. Keep the receipts and file the claim at a small claim court.

I suspect it's the Quality Assurance department's failure that missed the bad assembly: not install the speaker, fasteners, grille correctly. It should be a very simple correction.