Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Square Rims for Winter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't comment definitively on that setup, but I run 20x9.5 ET35 for my winter setup and have more than 5mm inner clearance in the rear. Accordingly, a 9.5 ET40 should fit no problem. If you are really concerned, test fit a front rear on your rear.

I can't comment definitively on that setup, but I run 20x9.5 ET35 for my winter setup and have more than 5mm inner clearance in the rear. Accordingly, a 9.5 ET40 should fit no problem. If you are really concerned, test fit a front rear on your rear.
Thanks for the data point.

Yeah I can do that. But when I hear stories of the 21” tires rubbing I get nervous knowing how much things move and sway. Even Tesla got that fit test wrong. Wasn’t sure if I should use a spacer so the outside of the tire would be in the same place.

I did find one winter tire in stock for staggered. Nokian R5 EV. But I really wanted a performance snow tire. Like the Pirelli’s. Can’t find those in staggered.

The setup you're asking about works fine. I use it for my winter tire setup. I have four of the "front" wheels. It sits ever so slightly deeper in the rear wheel well but it looks fine.

IMG_7753.jpg

Reactions: mswlogo
I just ordered Pirelli P-Zero Winter Staggered from Italy on eBay. $1900 !!!

BTW they are available in Canada but not in the USA.

Tirerack said they won’t have them.

Tesla said go square.

Sorry but square doesn’t meet load range and can mess up traction control in an emergency maneuver. Not worth the risk.

Nokian have poor wet braking. Well, roads are more likely wet than snow covered in New England. Nokian also slightly noisier. Pirelli are less efficient. I can deal with that.