Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The latest TMC Podcast (#17) is now available on YouTube and all major podcast networks. We covered EV Tax Credit 2.0, Model Y & 3 Gangbuster Sales, Low Model X Demand, and California FSD Drama.

Refresh wh/mile display in IC?

sorka

Feb 28, 2015
Merced, CA
Have an MXP delivery coming up shortly. I new the energy graph was gone but I had no idea you couldn't display the trips with the wh/mile for the current trip and since last charge. Is this really true? It's giving me huge pause as I rely on that value constantly as I drive to determine just how much faster or slower I can go on long trips to. I used that in combination with the predicted trip graph along with the actual achieved graph. I could live without the graph but if the wh/mile is only available in the settings screen on the main display, then it's going to kind of suck having to have that screen up constantly while driving and switching between it and anything else I need to do.

Anyone here that has a refresh that had pre-refresh S that relied on these tools? What do you do now? How did you adapt and how do you manage?

Is the DLC connector available? I'm half tempted to drive with a mounted phone and SMT running.

Alset2

Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2020
Ocala. Fl
Yes, I found it disappointing too but the driver display has absolutely NO customization ability what so ever.
So far I just live with out it.
While I miss it, I really don't think about it much when I'm driving because its so much fun!
Seriously though, I just open the trips page and look when I need too.
But I am very hopeful that they add some flexibility into the display in the NEAR future.

I have no experience with running SMT at all in the refresh, I am still waiting on my cable to arrive.

jaguar36

Apr 10, 2014
NJ
Just have to live without it, or live with having the settings open all the time.

It amazes me how completely awful the software is in the refresh. Its such a big step backwards in functionality compared with my P100D. I really miss the V7 days when the focus seemed to be on usability rather than games and useless easter eggs.

Reactions: Jabbahop

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC