Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh wh/mile display in IC?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sorka

Feb 28, 2015
Merced, CA
Have an MXP delivery coming up shortly. I new the energy graph was gone but I had no idea you couldn't display the trips with the wh/mile for the current trip and since last charge. Is this really true? It's giving me huge pause as I rely on that value constantly as I drive to determine just how much faster or slower I can go on long trips to. I used that in combination with the predicted trip graph along with the actual achieved graph. I could live without the graph but if the wh/mile is only available in the settings screen on the main display, then it's going to kind of suck having to have that screen up constantly while driving and switching between it and anything else I need to do.

Anyone here that has a refresh that had pre-refresh S that relied on these tools? What do you do now? How did you adapt and how do you manage?

Is the DLC connector available? I'm half tempted to drive with a mounted phone and SMT running.

Yes, I found it disappointing too but the driver display has absolutely NO customization ability what so ever.
So far I just live with out it.
While I miss it, I really don't think about it much when I'm driving because its so much fun!
Seriously though, I just open the trips page and look when I need too.
But I am very hopeful that they add some flexibility into the display in the NEAR future.

I have no experience with running SMT at all in the refresh, I am still waiting on my cable to arrive.

Just have to live without it, or live with having the settings open all the time.

It amazes me how completely awful the software is in the refresh. Its such a big step backwards in functionality compared with my P100D. I really miss the V7 days when the focus seemed to be on usability rather than games and useless easter eggs.

Reactions: Jabbahop
Have a ‘22 R1T and now also ‘23 X; while the X is more efficient for sure I am a little disappointed as it seems the actually battery capacity is still under 100kWh, while my Rivian is 135kWh. Significantly larger battery capacity makes the Rivian range much more reliable. Throw a roof rack on and the hit is a couple percent, bike rack barely an impact, etc. Was away from driving an X for a while so for whatever reason I expected it to be much better than before.

Anyone have insight on the capacity, is it really just 95kWh?

Have a ‘22 R1T and now also ‘23 X; while the X is more efficient for sure I am a little disappointed as it seems the actually battery capacity is still under 100kWh, while my Rivian is 135kWh. Significantly larger battery capacity makes the Rivian range much more reliable. Throw a roof rack on and the hit is a couple percent, bike rack barely an impact, etc. Was away from driving an X for a while so for whatever reason I expected it to be much better than before.

Anyone have insight on the capacity, is it really just 95kWh?
99.4 kwh when brand new.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230106_195358_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20230106_195358_Photos.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: ElectricLove
Which is unfortunately a small decrease from the final version of the previous battery pack. The penthouse is now filled with the charger and DC-DC converter instead of battery cells.
Does anyone know what Tesla is using the space under the rear seats for in the S? The charger used to go there. Is it just empty now?

Yes, it is common knowledge from publicized teardowns that the new 100 has less capacity than the previous 100.

Yes, it is common knowledge from publicized teardowns that the new 100 has less capacity than the previous 100.
Why did the snake oil salesman go on and on about their miracle new battery cells a few years ago and now packs and range are decreasing instead of increasing? (LR+ is still the longest range X, not available anymore). That is frustrating, it’s not progress, it’s a bad sign.

However, I think they will soon have some major battery pack changes as they really should be shifting to the 800-1000VDC range to keep up with the tech other manufacturers are deploying. I think with this shift in pack voltage we should see more dramatic improvements across the board and hopefully that includes capacity and the higher (more efficient) voltage combined with some capacity increase will finally benchmark the Tesla fleet as 400mi range vehicles across the board.