Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh X - Erroneous Manual Door Released Used Notification

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It happens if I touch the open button 2 times. (Didn't hold it long enough the first time).
And the best thing about the message is its says something like "using the manual release won't pull down the window. And destroy your sealings"
How the **** is it possible to NOT program the manual release thingy to not pull down the window. It's not like the car don't know your using ut!!

• Funny
Reactions: rpo
It happens if I touch the open button 2 times. (Didn't hold it long enough the first time).
And the best thing about the message is its says something like "using the manual release won't pull down the window. And destroy your sealings"
How the **** is it possible to NOT program the manual release thingy to not pull down the window. It's not like the car don't know your using ut!!
It does pull down the window I believe. This was added in late 2019 when the model 3 came out. I think the message is something like “check the window seal for damage” or something.

I came here to see if anyone else was having this issue with the driver door to confirm what SC told me. Among other issues I was dealing with, I had service look into this on three different visits. Finally after the 3rd visit, when they escalated they found out this has been occurring to a lot of other refreshed X’s so Tesla is looking into it. Presumably something that will be fixed via software update. They confirmed all hardware is functioning correctly so I was told not to worry about it.

I was a bit suspicious because I never had the error until after my first visit when they adjusted the window. However if others are indeed getting this error too, it could’ve been one of the subsequent software updates that triggered it.

Attachments

• 7B79FC7C-5A53-4D1E-A41B-D43FF79E8DE8.jpeg
    7B79FC7C-5A53-4D1E-A41B-D43FF79E8DE8.jpeg
    211.9 KB · Views: 176
Reactions: jiehan
I also want to add that the window does indeed roll down when the door opens, so there is no risk of damage.

To the person that said it happens when they press the button twice, I will have to test this out. I have noticed that sometimes I press and nothing happens so I have to press again. Maybe there’s more to this.

i get this too
I feel like since the last firmware update, my x has come up with lots of new error messages.
I've gotten steering asssit reduced, suspension adjustment unavavilable besides this one so far.
I've already booked a service appointment to sort it out.

Reactions: jiehan