Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
12 weeks. Yikes

I ordered my MSM M3P on black in Costa Mesa on Oct. 28th. Original delivery estimate was Dec 9-31. That delivery estimate has remained unchanged in my account. I received a text indicating 3-7 weeks on November 10th and another saying 2-5 weeks on November 25th.

I've been fine waiting, in fact I needed the time to get the garage ship shape and the wall connector installed. All systems go.
I bet it’ll update tomorrow to December 10-31

• Love
Reactions: Tholland
Really like the white M3Ps but that's the only thing that made me steer away from any white Teslas are those uneven gaps such as the hood is almost never even. It's very noticeable on the white cars and not the other colors. Awesome looking white M3P though!

yes, you are right about the hood. I can tell the gap is a smidge wider on the right side of the frunk. Think this is something they can correct?

12 weeks. Yikes

I ordered my MSM M3P on black in Costa Mesa on Oct. 28th. Original delivery estimate was Dec 9-31. That delivery estimate has remained unchanged in my account. I received a text indicating 3-7 weeks on November 10th and another saying 2-5 weeks on November 25th.

I've been fine waiting, in fact I needed the time to get the garage ship shape and the wall connector installed. All systems go.
12 weeks is a long time but that’s about right. As again the month to 6 weeks most builds are for overseas, then production and delivery for USA will begin again of course their will be some deliveries going on throughout the entire first quarter but majority will be in the second half to end of 1st quarter.

Congratulations looks great. Wish mine would be vin matched. But after My conversation today, looks like a lot of people are going to be pissed off on the East coast.

Probably the most interesting part. Did they mean that black interiors were in preproduction for most of the country?

I don't believe so. Just the two vehicles that the rep said matched my spec, maybe there are more. Don't know. After witnessing the process of this from a logistics standpoint, my expectations on future performance models are curbed. They are not as in demand (as the spreadsheet will clearly show) therefore Tesla obviously is not making them a priority. The lot at Tesla KC yesterday proved it. Two massive delivery trucks unloading more 2021 LR and SR+. Lot was full, and only ONE performance, which was set for demo and locked till Monday.

Reactions: adregia
I don't expect to get mine this year but my date has moved. I ordered 11/30 and the date was 12/14-12/31 on 12/1 it said 12/13-12/26 then as I mentioned before my DA called me and told me it wasn't looking good for this year on 12/4. 12/7 it changed back to 12/14-12/31. The only thing that stinks is that my trade-in expires on 1/2 and have heard horror stories of the value going down significantly on the second evaluation. Also financing would have to be redone (no biggie). If they delay your order "10" additional weeks do you get compensated for it or do you just get the ol' good game pat on the butt? I'm not asking for me, I'm just curious in general for some of you that ordered in Oct/Nov that have no vin yet.

I don't expect to get mine this year but my date has moved. I ordered 11/30 and the date was 12/14-12/31 on 12/1 it said 12/13-12/26 then as I mentioned before my DA called me and told me it wasn't looking good for this year on 12/4. 12/7 it changed back to 12/14-12/31. The only thing that stinks is that my trade-in expires on 1/2 and have heard horror stories of the value going down significantly on the second evaluation. Also financing would have to be redone (no biggie). If they delay your order "10" additional weeks do you get compensated for it or do you just get the ol' good game pat on the butt? I'm not asking for me, I'm just curious in general for some of you that ordered in Oct/Nov that have no vin yet.

FWIW, my trade in offer actually increased $100 on the second evaluation.

I've never heard of Tesla compensating for being late to deliver. I imagine they'd owe quite a bit throughout their history if that was the case.

Today my delivery estimate is updated to show 17 - 23 December. This is about the 5th or 6th slide one way or the other on delivery dates. VIN assignment was on 6 Dec, and as of now, no word back from my SA (or any other communication from Tesla) on status since reaching out yesterday. I may call this afternoon if I haven't heard anything yet, but trying not to bug them too much.

At least you guys down in the States have your dates change for some excitement. Mine hasn't moved from 12/19-12/31 date since I ordered....
Seems like something is different in how these updates are pushed out in Canada.

We basically get one estimate at order time, then radio silence until it's about to be delivered, which has no real relation to the original range.

Even now, I have a delivery scheduled for Dec 15. But despite that, after emailing my SA, that date is just a rough estimate and it may move forward or back by a couple days, even though it's only 5 days away.

When this is all done, my timeline will look like:

- Sept 25 - Ordered and given delivery date Oct 30-Nov 26
- Lots of slience and manually refreshing the order page
- Nov 26 - Pass first window and it's silently adjusted to Dec 4 - Dec 20
- Dec 4 - Delivery date silently scheduled for Dec 15 on my account page with no VIN, I call and get semi-official VIN emailed to me
- Dec ? - Final delivery date confirmed?

If I hadn't reached out, I wonder if it would have gone all the way to the final confirmation with no communication.

Last edited:
First post

In Rochester, NY.
Ordered White M3P, black interior w/ FSD on 10/27. Originally 5-9 weeks now showing 6-10 weeks.
Never received a text notifying me the VIN was assigned but it showed up in the my account yesterday @ 10AM and was insurable.
Still hoping for a December delivery.

12/10 Update - I emailed the SA who contacted me post reservation. He forwarded me to another SA. This person sent me an email with the delivery terms and required me to reply 'I accept'
After accepting I was asked to re-submit insurance info with a 12/17 start date in the Tesla Account portal
At that time the final payment option also became available in the Tesla Account portal
After everything was submitted SA contacted me saying to expect a confirmation call on 12/14

Other than one 24 hour period where my estimated delivery date was 12/19-31, my date has been a steady 12/12-31 this whole time (since 11/21). All my paperwork is ready and I’m just waiting. I’m assuming my date will start slipping one day for each day past the 12th like many others have experienced.

No VIN, no contact back from the dealer when I texted and emailed my advisor. At what point do I start blowing up their inbox or bother calling?