Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I relate to you relating. My previous car (an Audi A5) was totalled last month, and I decided to order a Tesla as a replacement. I got two weeks of rental car use from insurance, but that ran out and now I am on 2+ weeks of uber / sharing a car with my wife. My f5 button will soon lose its paint.
Our M3P was totalled last month and we have a rental until Jan (sucks going back to an ice). It will be a rough 2-3 months if we don't get our car until March but we know how good it is so we will deal with it, as sucky as it will be to wait.

Reactions: CA4Fun
Our M3P was totalled last month and we have a rental until Jan (sucks going back to an ice). It will be a rough 2-3 months if we don't get our car until March but we know how good it is so we will deal with it, as sucky as it will be to wait.

How extensive was the damage to your original M3P to get to the total write off stage?

I was very surprised that my Audi was totalled given the low-speed impact of the wreck (two smooshed doors and a quarter panel). The killer was the aluminum frame that only a single autobody shop was authorized to work on - the repair estimate came in at $20k! The other guy's insurance company decided to declare the vehicle a write-off at that point, despite the car being work 2x that. I wasnt complaining.

Alright, we need some comic relief in here.

Behold.... My Stuff

View attachment 616600 View attachment 616601
Are you keeping your original wheels / tires or selling them? If the latter, what would expect them to sell for? I am considering switching to 18" wheels for more pothole/curb forgiveness, but I would want to subsidize the process by selling the originals.

Reactions: CA4Fun
Are you keeping your original wheels / tires or selling them? If the latter, what would expect them to sell for? I am considering switching to 18" wheels for more pothole/curb forgiveness, but I would want to subsidize the process by selling the originals.

I'm switching to the 18 x 9" FC04 with 255/40/18 all seasons immediately upon delivery... whenever that may be... I'm planning on running the Ubers in the summer, but 18's ride so much better, I might just stay full time 18" - plus they're lighter. We'll see what happens.

Either way, I'd assume you could get 2500-3k minimum for the Ubers with new tires

Called my Tysons Tesla, where I test drove and ordered my car from, to ask about cancelling the trade in (I found someone to buy my car). They said no big deal to cancel the trade just let them know.

I also asked if a car that was ordered on 11/21 would be here before the end of the year. Verbatim, I was told that the cut off for end of the year orders was 12/8 and I’m way ahead of that so hopefully it won’t be too long.

10 minutes ago I received the long awaited text, and scheduled my delivery appointment at Tysons for 22 Dec. my config date was 11/22 and VIN match date was 6 Dec. Hopefully you hear something soon!