Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed “2021” Model S Plaid Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure. Plaid plus ordered 4/26/21. Blue/21s/CF then changed by the higher powers in June to The little kid Plaid. Now I get to wait and no delivery date.

No one should go through this. This is a straight up 3rd world country situation.
That’s rough man. I’m surprised you haven’t got yours yet, especially since you ordered the 21s. Perhaps it’s the CF holding things up?

Please post in the delivery thread here:

Not a fan of sifting through dozens of LR orders to see a couple of Plaid updates. It makes sense to have a thread to dedicated to Plaid orders.

Update: Yesterday I finally got a delivery date after months of no delivery date.

Jul 30th: August 11th - 25th
July 31st: August 12th - 25th

anything on your end @URBAN LEGEND ?
I am so happy for you! Looks like PPF will be on the list for all.
As for me and my house? Zero. You getting yours is enough to make my day.

Attachments

• DD0501B4-DEF0-47EC-9975-31A21167624A.png
    DD0501B4-DEF0-47EC-9975-31A21167624A.png
    310.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 5ECBA322-7A1F-440F-BBED-58C9BE05E0A2.png
    5ECBA322-7A1F-440F-BBED-58C9BE05E0A2.png
    367.2 KB · Views: 78
Just ordered a Plaid, w/FSD, today (7/31/21)... White/Black, w/19" ==> with "Estimated Delivery" of "Sept/Oct". Will trade my 2019 M3 DM AWD with Boost for $51,800, plus tax savings benefit. Would love to hear from folks about actual delivery dates compared to what you see online at the time of ordering. Will I see mine later or earlier than the dates mentioned above, from your actual experience? With the M3, I got that earlier than the estimated date at ordering.

Darn, well keep me updated. Hopefully you'll get an update soon.

Oh they're including PPF now? Thats amazing!
PPF on the rear quarters has been standard on all Plaids and LRs since day one. The issue is that the front tires are causing rock chips beyond the area that Tesla protects. And even then, the PPF won’t last very long when sandblasting all day long with those wide stance front tires. Mud flaps is the only real solution for those who want to avoid Swiss cheese rear panels.

PPF on the rear quarters has been standard on all Plaids and LRs since day one. The issue is that the front tires are causing rock chips beyond the area that Tesla protects. And even then, the PPF won’t last very long when sandblasting all day long with those wide stance front tires. Mud flaps is the only real solution for those who want to avoid Swiss cheese rear panels.

I want mud flaps so badly. I really hope someone is developing these. I’m first in line.

Reactions: jebinc

Cross posting here from another TMC thread I've been on... This video (especially at the 8 minute mark) gives you a good perspective on why protection is needed to deal with all the damage the front tires do to the sides of the refresh model S. But the big error in this video is believing that PPF by itself will be enough. It won't.

To reiterate, I see mud flaps (in concert with PPF) as the only real solution here.

Last edited: