Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed “2021” Model S waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m less concerned about yoke vs not, and more concerned about the lack of stalks and how things like turn signals will actually work since it appears they’re using touch sensitive buttons - I really don’t like the idea of having to look or easily hitting the wrong one.

I did put in my order a few days ago though. Long Range, Blue, Black interior, 19” wheels. No FSD yet but will probably add it after or see what they do either the subscription thing.

Interestingly, the design page now says the estimate is 4-11 weeks for new orders, while my order status page says:
“Estimated Delivery: 5 - 11 weeks from order placed date”

I haven’t finished the trade-in or payment details sections though, not sure how those affect the process at this point. I think they don’t need to be completed until later?

Part of me is still thinking a Y might make more sense. And another part of me is like “frack it, go for the plaid”.

Reactions: jsight
Maybe standard wheel is not an option for Plaid+. That's OK with me. I'll get used to the Yoke and it looks great.

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 9.38.29 AM.png

Mine was ordered the day it opened, and it says yoke steering wheel.
I would guess there is a subset of people who ordered prior to the refresh, and will get the refresh, hence the need to test with a standard steering wheel too (“I want the car I ordered and like the new one fine but I don’t like that crazy steering wheel you now have”).

BTW my contact at tesla said most likely looking at April for the refresh delivery, not March anymore. Anyone’s guess, who knows!

Has anyone heard anything from their reps about timeline to test drive with the yoke & no stalks?

Calling my SA again tomorrow, but he's been consistent with feedback along the lines of "nothing official yet - I'm seeing the same rumors as you online & can't confirm/deny either way."

Has anyone heard anything from their reps about timeline to test drive with the yoke & no stalks?

Calling my SA again tomorrow, but he's been consistent with feedback along the lines of "nothing official yet - I'm seeing the same rumors as you online & can't confirm/deny either way."

I asked yesterday - they seemed to be just guessing but said "expect late March, early April since they will deliver to California first, like they always do"...again stressing, didn't seem that confident nor did they say it was communication from HQ.

You finally found one that tells the truth. They know NOTHING. Calling back isn’t gonna change that.

I expect it will be months before there are any significant number of demo cars. Demo cars aren’t sales so they’ll be at the very back of the line. Like always.

Ordered new Model S prior to refresh. Updated configuration day of refresh announcement. Originally had a delivery window of February 15 to March 15 which disappeared. Today I received an updated Order Agreement. No VIN or delivery window but some progress?

Ordered new Model S prior to refresh. Updated configuration day of refresh announcement. Originally had a delivery window of February 15 to March 15 which disappeared. Today I received an updated Order Agreement. No VIN or delivery window but some progress?

Did you get an updated order agreement when you converted order to refresh? Or was today the only updated one you rec'd?

I talked with my SA today and said hq has been quiet on expectations, it is assumed they will get some toward end of march. He should have more info between this week and next. Im out of dc area, he also said he doesnt know yet what delaying delivery will do to my priority delivery as tesla hasnt informed them how they wanted handled, assumption right now is I would get kicked to back of line. I also order in Dec

Yeah same here. And no discount added even though I ordered with old price last November. This company is something else.

Reactions: Needsdecaf

Vegan Stalks may be offered as an option...
5B5EC489-DD5F-4B4D-B823-674C1A7364AE.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: aerodyne
Mine was updated when I upgraded mine to the refresh, my order agreement said 1/29/21. But today I got another email and updated agreement and date says 03/01/2021. Maybe you will receive another email like us soon ;)

What did the updated updated agreement state differently than the 1/30 updated agreement? My updated 1/30 agreement is correct to the refresh I am ordering except it does not have the $2000 discount on it.