Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed “2021” Model S waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same nothing changed. October order and immediate refresh confirmation. I was told the discount would be applied at time of new order confirmation along with FSD lower price. This would appear after the 2/28/21 refresh deadline to confirm prior s order.
Never received any paperwork or email indicating the discount and FSD price promise.
I haven’t been given any information since confirmation so at this point not really expecting any information and looks like the pre order discounts promised may be history also as I have nothing in writing but a tweet.

What did the updated updated agreement state differently than the 1/30 updated agreement? My updated 1/30 agreement is correct to the refresh I am ordering except it does not have the $2000 discount on it.

I got my order agreement on 2/8 only because I proactively reach out to them the day of the refresh but my SA told me discount will show up once I get the VIN so I'm just waiting for the VIN hopefully get the end of march delivery since I'm from cali

Reactions: 127.0.0.0
For sure - I did spend some time up there and saw a number of individuals were rightfully discussing things like changing orders or reservations pre-refresh. I was hoping there could be a resource similar to the model 3, Y, and X forums dedicated to fresh info specifically on refresh waiters.

Either way is good with me.
Has anyone been offered a $2000 discount?
If yes has anyone received it?

I ordered an S on 12/21/2020 and put down $100

On 1/18/2021 I got a call, and emails, announcing the new refresh and telling the price has gone up $10,000.

Tesla offered me a 2000 discount to go and refresh my account and agree to the extra $10,000.

I was told the 2000 discount would appear later.

it never did

eventually I was told it would appear after 2/28/2021, nope.

now I’m being told it will appear after I’m assigned a VIN

I’m paying for the car in full. Don’t I have to pay it off 100% before I get a VIN.
(I’m in Michigan if that makes a difference)

I’m confused, so I joined this forum to ask this question:

Has anyone else been offered the 2000 discount?

if yes have you received it?

with or with out VIN?

thank you

On 1/18/2021 I got a call, and emails, announcing the new refresh and telling the price has gone up $10,000.

Tesla offered me a 2000 discount to go and refresh my account and agree to the extra $10,000.

it never did

I’m paying for the car in full. Don’t I have to pay it off 100% before I get a VIN.

with or with out VIN?

thank you
It will show up when your vin is assigned.

it never did

with or with out VIN?

thank you
I was told same thing. The original FSD and pre refresh order discount would be applied after the 2/28 last day to confirm. New agreement does not show this. I did get an email from my SA that shows a screen shot on 3/1 that says my order has been modified unlike agreement that reflects a March order date.
At this point I am treating my order like a poker game. I can only see my cards but I’m ALL IN! If only Elon would show his hand.

• Funny
Reactions: aerodyne and MarcG
Has anyone here that reserved a plaid (now “+”) Model S on day it was announced (battery day) been successful in modifying it to a plaid or long range while maintaining their place in line and retaining the legacy FSD price (8k vs 10k)?

I reserved a plaid that day, so when the plaid+ was announced I just canceled the old order and ordered a plaid+. Very simple and no problems at all. That’s the easiest solution in instead of hoping that Tesla Woolf switch orders.

I reserved a plaid that day, so when the plaid+ was announced I just canceled the old order and ordered a plaid+. Very simple and no problems at all. That’s the easiest solution in instead of hoping that Tesla Woolf switch orders.
My SA who has been in constant contact and most forums are indicating if you “confirmed” your model s performance to a plaid you would keep place in line, 2k credit and keep 8k FSD price. After sticker shock the $4k was better than nothing. As to place in line, hopefully first and if not I hope I’m not last.

My SA who has been in constant contact and most forums are indicating if you “confirmed” your model s performance to a plaid you would keep place in line, 2k credit and keep 8k FSD price. After sticker shock the $4k was better than nothing. As to place in line, hopefully first and if not I hope I’m not last.

Different situation here. When Plaid (now Plaid+) was announced during Battery Day on 9/22/2020, orders were opened with a $1,000 fully-refundable deposit for exactly the same price as it is on today’s order page, except FSD is now $10,000 whereas it used to be $8,000.

Someone canceling a Plaid order that was placed in Q4 2020 and re-ordering the Plaid+ as a new order after the 01/27/2021 earnings call will not get a $2,000 discount, and will likely have to pay $10,000 for FSD.

The $2,000 discount is only being offered to those who ordered a current-at-the-time production vehicle (e.g. non-Plaid+ Model S) prior to the earnings call, but has not taken delivery yet. This is to offset the $10k+ jump in price from the former LR or Performance models to the new LR or Plaid (non-plus) models.

Different situation here. When Plaid (now Plaid+) was announced during Battery Day on 9/22/2020, orders were opened with a $1,000 fully-refundable deposit for exactly the same price as it is on today’s order page, except FSD is now $10,000 whereas it used to be $8,000.

Someone canceling a Plaid order that was placed in Q4 2020 and re-ordering the Plaid+ as a new order after the 01/27/2021 earnings call will not get a $2,000 discount, and will likely have to pay $10,000 for FSD.

The $2,000 discount is only being offered to those who ordered a current-at-the-time production vehicle (e.g. non-Plaid+ Model S) prior to the earnings call, but has not taken delivery yet. This is to offset the $10k+ jump in price from the former LR or Performance models to the new LR or Plaid (non-plus) models.

Looks like I screwed myself out of $4,000 by cancelling the original plaid order and then ordering a plaid+. Any suggestions about what I do? Tesla I’m sure has a record of the original order.

Looks like I screwed myself out of $4,000 by cancelling the original plaid order and then ordering a plaid+. Any suggestions about what I do? Tesla I’m sure has a record of the original order.

Where do you get $4,000? Probably $2,000 from FSD increase (assuming you added it to your order), but you wouldn’t qualify for the $2,000 discount since you didn’t order a LR+ or Performance model prior to the earnings call.

My advice is to try calling Tesla (thoughgood luck with getting through to someone) to explain your mistake, ask them to cancel your new order and re-activate your old one. If you can’t get a hold of someone by calling, try the chat function on their website and request a callback from a sales advisor.

Best of luck! Keep us posted.

Last edited:
Where do you get $4,000? Probably $2,000 from FSD increase (assuming you added it to your order), but you wouldn’t qualify for the $2,000 discount since you didn’t order a LR+ or Performance model prior to the earnings call.

My advice is to try calling Tesla (thoughgood luck with getting through to someone) to explain your mistake, ask them to cancel your new order and re-activate your old one. If you can’t get a hold of someone by calling, try the chat function on their website and request a callback from a sales advisor.

Best of luck! Keep us posted.
My mistake. The totol should include only the $2K FSD increase.

The other difference is the non-white interior pricing went from 1.5k to 2k. My white + carbon is priced at 1.5k. The site now shows it as 2k.

Reactions: serendipitous
Seems to have quieted down. So?

Owners Manual. I have been as interested at getting a look at the revised Owners Manual as getting a VIN. This is my first Tesla and my current vehicle displays I POD, yes that’s POD attached.
I have been reviewing the existing OM for couple years.
Anyone else find the lack of an OM a sign that the light at the end of tunnel is the same as the day the refresh was announced.
As most OM are available online issuing a revised OM with changes wouldn’t be a huge issue.