Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received this today. I think in translation it says, "chill the **** out!"

Attachments

• 59BB25E8-1132-471F-9E65-3136F9764919.jpeg
    59BB25E8-1132-471F-9E65-3136F9764919.jpeg
    216.2 KB · Views: 75
  • Funny
Reactions: Marcavelli650
Latest update from SA said my car isn’t being built until Dec 29th now. Cutting it pretty damn close for delivery in Carlsbad before year-end. At least I can forget about checking my account constantly for another 5 days!!!

Interesting, my SA has told me that they either don't have the soft matching software anymore or that they don't use it anymore because the dates are still inaccurate?! So I guess just flying blind and maybe a car will show up on the 31st and God willing the issues aren't terrible.

Latest update from SA said my car isn’t being built until Dec 29th now. Cutting it pretty damn close for delivery in Carlsbad before year-end. At least I can forget about checking my account constantly for another 5 days!!!

Maybe just a word thing, but by "being built" he means getting a VIN from a recently manufactured vehicle, right? Takes 3-5 days to actually build a car.

Despite my delivery date range (12/24-31), an SA told me to expect a VIN on 12/26-28 with delivery shortly thereafter.

Looks like all the love today with texts going is for the NorCal folks... guessing SoCal love is after Christmas!

My service advisor has went MIA - inquired about the inventory black on white M3P in Orange County and no response. No response to a message I sent last week as well.

Back to 12/24-12/31 as well. Thinking about canceling as I sourced a different car and have a sour taste in my mouth...but know I’ll love the car. :(

• Love
Reactions: SummerlinChiro
Just for fun, I noticed that my 2018 December delivery timeline is sitting there in my phone text message history.

Fun stuff...

12/3/18: “we’ll drop your car at your home on the 6th”
12/5/18 at night: “Hey Jeff, just wanted to touch base with you, my friend. I just received an update from logistics and it looks like we will have to reschedule delivery. Your vehicle is still being moved from Portland to Seattle, so we will not be able to make delivery happen tomorrow. As soon as we have an update on the date that your Model 3 will be ready, I'll let you know. My apologies for any inconvenience this has caused! I'll keep you posted.”
“Hey Jeff! Not to worry, you still have a VIN. This is just happening, because of the delay.”
12/10/18: “your car is still in Oregon, but you should have it by the end of the month”

Maybe just a word thing, but by "being built" he means getting a VIN from a recently manufactured vehicle, right? Takes 3-5 days to actually build a car.

Despite my delivery date range (12/24-31), an SA told me to expect a VIN on 12/26-28 with delivery shortly thereafter.

Looks like all the love today with texts going is for the NorCal folks... guessing SoCal love is after Christmas!

Yeah, who knows! Honestly don’t think I can trust anything the SA says at this point. Originally they said 24th, then 26th, and now 29th. I’m confident I’ll receive the car by the 31st though, given their sales goals. Primarily concerned about the quality and if there are issues, I may just cancel my order and wait until later in Q1. Not in a huge rush to have a car at the moment, since I’m working remotely.

There was a white white in Dedham ma today. I know because they called me asking if I wanted to be bumped up to that one to get one before the end of the year. The situation was kind of sketchy as the car had already been detailed for delivery. Gave me the feeling someone rejected it. They told me if I said no that they had 5 people waiting for that combo they had to call after me.

Hi All. Merry Christmas. First post, long time (10/24) viewer.
M3P white/white, ordered 10/24 Portland, no delivery set yet.
No VIN, Delivery date has moved like everyone else. Today it's 12/25 to 12/31

Question for everyone familiar with the buying process. Can I actually pay my down payment with Tesla BEFORE getting my VIN? I have tax reasons for wanting to take delivery before 12/31, but it's getting more iffy by the day. If I pay my 30K down to tesla and get documentation, that would be more optimal. However, I'm not sure if I can get them to take my money. Any thoughts?

Joe