Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
C14F626E-50E6-4A6C-A7D5-9F46D2A713EC.png
Same. Looks like we will be on the same truck....
Truck?
What truck. This is how far away I am. LOL.

• Funny
Reactions: Dexa
If the only problem is the need to get the glass swapped out, gotta give them points for trying to get +1 more delivery by end of year... these are all situations where more emphasis on communication and customer obsession would be helpful.

I can’t even imagine if every company looked at delivery logistics the same way... Looking for some Proctor and Gamble Crest toothpaste? If you live overseas, you can get it the first weeks of the quarter; if you live close to Cincinnati, you have to wait until the last days of the end of the quarter.

Reactions: Marcavelli650
If the only problem is the need to get the glass swapped out, gotta give them points for trying to get +1 more delivery by end of year... these are all situations where more emphasis on communication and customer obsession would be helpful.

I can’t even imagine if every company looked at delivery logistics the same way... Looking for some Proctor and Gamble Crest toothpaste? If you live overseas, you can get it the first weeks of the quarter; if you live close to Cincinnati, you have to wait until the last days of the end of the quarter.
It’s more the principal. Visually it just looks like the roof is cracked. But don’t really know until the dealership gets the car back and takes a look. But personally if I’m spending $60k, I want a vehicle with zero repairs when I receive it. I don’t consider this a chipped windshield or a misaligned panel. This car legit needs a new roof panel, a pretty significant fix for a brand new car. (Driver hit a branch on his way somewhere along the route)

Last edited:
It’s more the principal. Visually it just looks like the roof is cracked. But don’t really know until the dealership gets the car back and takes a look. But personally if I’m spending $60k, I want a vehicle with zero repairs when I receive it. I don’t consider this a chipped windshield or a misaligned panel. This car legit needs a new roof panel, a pretty significant fix for a brand new car. (Driver hit a branch on his way somewhere along the route)

I couldn’t agree more and would reject delivery too. Who knows what else happened if the driver was careless enough to hit your car in a branch. Where are you located?

I couldn’t agree more and would reject delivery too. Who knows what else happened if the driver was careless enough to hit your car in a branch. Where are you located?
I’m in Madisonville, LA. About 40 miles North of New Orleans. The car was coming from Birmingham.

As awesome as a Christmas Day delivery seemed, what an awful experience this has become.

• Funny
Reactions: SummerlinChiro
Just wanted to chime in and wish everyone waiting for their car a happy Christmas.

My ordering process has been pretty mundane, other than my own impatience. Ordered on 11/21 with a 3-6 week wait period. Soon after got an ETA of 12/12-31. That only changed on me one time to 12/22-31 for a day early on in the process. On the 12th it changed to 12/22-31 for good and then on the 12/16 I got my VIN. By the 18th, I was prompted with a text to set up my delivery time. Took the first available slot which was 12/30 at 12 noon.

I hope that the delivery process is as boring as the wait for the vehicle, and my only issues are topping the speed limit on my way home.

The only remark that I really have through all of this is that I wish Tesla would have underpromised and overdelivered. While they made good on their estimate, they did so on the second to last day they could have.

Light at the end of the tunnel is coming into view friends. Merry Christmas to all of you.

I'm heavily expecting to get pushed to next quarter, which will be quite annoyed with the "2-4 weeks" I was originally quoted turns into 12-14...

But I've also noticed a pattern where during the day, the page gives me estimated dates ("25-31"), then at night takes those away. Anyone know what that's about?