Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As 11AM, my order still lists delivery as 12/26 to 12/31. Ordered 12/17, but i'm thinking the date will soon change to March or April. i've already purchased and installed the wall charger, so i'll have to write that off if this goes south. Given that a money transfer from my bank to Tesla takes about two days, if i don't get a VIN and delivery date by the end of Monday, i'll know the 31st isn't doable. I don't really care about the free supercharger time. i'd rather have the car.

As 11AM, my order still lists delivery as 12/26 to 12/31. Ordered 12/17, but i'm thinking the date will soon change to March or April. i've already purchased and installed the wall charger, so i'll have to write that off if this goes south. Given that a money transfer from my bank to Tesla takes about two days, if i don't get a VIN and delivery date by the end of Monday, i'll know the 31st isn't doable. I don't really care about the free supercharger time. i'd rather have the car.

I thought I heard that if you just bring your routing and account number, you can do the payment live at the delivery center. Also thought I saw personal check was a viable payment option?

• Informative
Reactions: jmbloom_m3p
I thought I heard that if you just bring your routing and account number, you can do the payment live at the delivery center. Also thought I saw personal check was a viable payment option?
My payment was listed as “payed” a minute or 2 after I did the ACH transfer on my Tesla page. Although the money isn’t gone from my account yet. Not sure if because I signed into my bank account through Tesla, they know I’m good for the $ so they aren’t waiting for the money to transfer before scheduling delivery.

Or maybe the money is gone and just doesn’t show up as gone yet. See screen grab of Tesla email payment confirmation.
upload_2020-12-26_12-3-52.jpeg

True, what I actually meant was why would someone purchase a Tesla if they are considered low-income. Even with all the combined rebates and grants they qualify for due to their low-income status, how is this a wise financial decision?

I’m not hating, just genuinely curious!

If you make under $200k a year in the Bay Area you are considered low income. It’s a crazy out here.

Still no VIN - saw someone got a VIN with Burbank delivery but haven’t seen any deliveries at Marina Del Rey for a while too.

Delivery dates gone again but SA said things are still on track for year end delivery. Seems like the factory is still cranking out long range M3s though. Think most of us in SoCal still waiting are either getting the car on 12/31 or some random time next year...

I known the same stupid question is getting asked over and over but...

Are you getting VIN and/or pickup notifications via email? Txt? Web account page? App? It seems like there are multiple ways? Trying to figure what I should be checking regularly. Or just give up checking. They will notify me via some method or other.

The most updated and accurate information for me I was receiving via text. My service center is near me. Once I received the text to confirm pick up time I drove by and they pulled in my ready time from the text had my car ready in 1 hr.

I known the same stupid question is getting asked over and over but...

Are you getting VIN and/or pickup notifications via email? Txt? Web account page? App? It seems like there are multiple ways? Trying to figure what I should be checking regularly. Or just give up checking. They will notify me via some method or other.

My VIN just showed up on my account page. No notice no warning. Just prior to that occurring my date range vanished.

The delivery scheduling notification came via text.