Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the email to sign the final docs and loan agreement. I see a line that is called "Finance Charge" of about $4K? Does anyone knows what it is? The down payment amount I see on the loan agreement is different than the amount due at delivery that I already paid. Anyone knows and saw this happening?

just got the same thing, the “downpayment” line item includes the CA rebate $1500

Reactions: royinla
Well, I’ve been following this thread since before the holidays. I also ordered a white on white M3P on December 6th. Was told I needed to “hurry and sell my Lexus” so I could get the Tesla before the first. Same story as everyone else, I have no car right now and they won’t give me a loner or rental. I’ve been borrowing my parents vehicle.

Hardly any communication from Tesla through this whole thing, and they got upset with me because I wouldn’t take a red one with black interior. Then they offered me a white on white but it had damaged wheels (bad) and a misalignment (someone test driving ran onto a curb). Offered $500 off, wouldn’t replace the wheels or have it aligned, and I declined. I was told “someone else will take it as is because they’re usually so excited it doesn’t matter”, and I have that in writing from my SA.

l’m saddened and irritated by this whole experience, the extremely poor customer service and lack of empathy for customers. The SA pushed me super hard to sell my car (which I did a private sale) to get my Tesla by 2021 and I told him before I will have no vehicle after January 3rd. Manager called me and said it would 100% deliver by the 23rd of December. They act like $60,000 isn’t a big deal, like I should take whatever comes, but as I told them I’m not rich, I’ve saved for a long time, and if I wanted a different car combination I would’ve ordered it.

I wish there was something I could do about it, but I know I’m not the only one. And I also recognize if this is my biggest problem in life right now, things are ok.

Well, I’ve been following this thread since before the holidays. I also ordered a white on white M3P on December 6th. Was told I needed to “hurry and sell my Lexus” so I could get the Tesla before the first. Same story as everyone else, I have no car right now and they won’t give me a loner or rental. I’ve been borrowing my parents vehicle.

Hardly any communication from Tesla through this whole thing, and they got upset with me because I wouldn’t take a red one with black interior. Then they offered me a white on white but it had damaged wheels (bad) and a misalignment (someone test driving ran onto a curb). Offered $500 off, wouldn’t replace the wheels or have it aligned, and I declined. I was told “someone else will take it as is because they’re usually so excited it doesn’t matter”, and I have that in writing from my SA.

l’m saddened and irritated by this whole experience, the extremely poor customer service and lack of empathy for customers. The SA pushed me super hard to sell my car (which I did a private sale) to get my Tesla by 2021 and I told him before I will have no vehicle after January 3rd. Manager called me and said it would 100% deliver by the 23rd of December. They act like $60,000 isn’t a big deal, like I should take whatever comes, but as I told them I’m not rich, I’ve saved for a long time, and if I wanted a different car combination I would’ve ordered it.

I wish there was something I could do about it, but I know I’m not the only one. And I also recognize if this is my biggest problem in life right now, things are ok.

Hang in there. You’ll get your car soon.

Reactions: Dayreg and zachary
That blows for sure. If there wasn’t such a “cult” demand things would be different. There are so many people that line up to sell their sole we all get screwed. People will spend 5-10k over to get this car. The demand and resale value is crazy.

Yep I agree 100%. I think a little fair competition would do Tesla a lot of good, but mostly for consumers.

Well I picked up my M3P today at Fremont. Happy to report that there are no glaring issues! I even took the advice on here and went in “prepared to reject” the car...as in I drove by myself in my other car there to pick it up (in case I reject and need to drive back ). I even did not pay my balance until I showed up to see the car.
Regular issues on model 3 I evaluated:

Panel Gaps: Larger than I am used to but seems on par with Model 3. Went in expecting this. Panels are all aligned properly.

Paint: Perfect. Car was not clean/PDI

Doors: Drivers door does take more force to close. Not too excessive, but if I softly close it it does not close. Nothing like I see on the internet for sure where people have to slam the door. Normal? (Never really thought about force of closing doors. I need to compare on my other cars)

Light fitment: Tail light drivers side is not perfectly aligned, but not bad. Other side is perfect. Headlights are flush

Interior: Headliner looks well put together, no tape, nothing falling off. Basically what I expected from a brand new car

Cleanliness: Some dirt(felt?) in the console compartment. Some oily marks on the seat, maybe the factory workers greasey fingers haha. No big deal...Again, the car doesnt go thru PDI like at a traditional dealership so it is expected. Oh, and the worst paper floor mat I’ve never seen in a new car :D

Did I miss anything?

BTW before clicking accept delivery I wanted to open the car to check the interior/doors. I asked my delivery advisor (person from the factory assigned to do the delivery with you) and he would not open the car for me. I went into the showroom and people there said the same. Was ready to reject at that point but I called my SA and he was able to remotely open the car for me. So if you want to go inside the car before accepting, you can! And you should demand it.

The only other issue was software, I had to do a reboot on the screen before any serious driving because it was acting a little wonky. Happy me! (Now I need to go back and pick up my BMW that I left at the Tesla factory haha)

Feel free to ask me any questions on Fremont factory delivery. It only took me 16 days from order to delivery... a little bummed about missing out on the free SuperCharging and 3 Month FSD but my advisor will try to chase that for me.

Attachments

• 65950412-0059-4DFC-9695-C22EC9A59F0C.jpeg
    65950412-0059-4DFC-9695-C22EC9A59F0C.jpeg
    507.1 KB · Views: 88
  • AE64D21A-0CC6-4023-8DAE-7DCC59A5BBCC.jpeg
    AE64D21A-0CC6-4023-8DAE-7DCC59A5BBCC.jpeg
    356.9 KB · Views: 79
  • 40B0E60B-7F7C-4B4F-A935-BDAF8E1EC631.jpeg
    40B0E60B-7F7C-4B4F-A935-BDAF8E1EC631.jpeg
    472 KB · Views: 76
  • FCD23FAA-918C-4E59-9C9E-E298E8E46BAA.jpeg
    FCD23FAA-918C-4E59-9C9E-E298E8E46BAA.jpeg
    507 KB · Views: 84
  • F4404C85-4E06-49B4-8C48-E240E357AEAD.jpeg
    F4404C85-4E06-49B4-8C48-E240E357AEAD.jpeg
    552.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 7E5BA191-F7F3-4872-AAD2-E146C8541519.jpeg
    7E5BA191-F7F3-4872-AAD2-E146C8541519.jpeg
    229.2 KB · Views: 77
  • D9A09D97-23AC-4E8A-8C89-459D19F9E87A.jpeg
    D9A09D97-23AC-4E8A-8C89-459D19F9E87A.jpeg
    688.6 KB · Views: 91
The 15 miles thing is just a placeholder for the new cars afaik. Mine said this as well, but in reality the car only had 12 miles or so.

mine came with about 26 miles, but to be fair it was a home delivery, so I’m assuming they drove it to my house. The paperwork for the sale was 16 or so miles, so it adds up about right.

The audacity of expecting to buy their beat up car for a measly $500 off... and being proud of that. Keep that up and they’ll end up going down the same path as the big 3. Right now Tesla is the best mass market EV game in town, but a lot of competition is coming. They really need to get their priorities straight.

Pretty happy with my car so far. Service has been meh. We’ll see how they treat me when I get the dent fixed that they delivered it with. Otherwise, in 3 years when it’s time for the next one... back to Porsche. They gouge the heck out of you... but at least they treat you awesome while they’re doing it!

Ordered 11/4
Original Delivery date range 12/15-12/31
Received the "March ETA" text 12/30
VIN Assigned 1/1/21
Paid 1/4
Delivery Appt: 1/6/21

Blue on Black, Performance, FSD

I picked up my car today from the Fremont factory.

To copy/plagiarize natman316:

Happy to report that there are no glaring issues! I did pay my balance prior to seeing the car.

Panel Gaps: I wash my cars twice per year. Gaps were fine to me. Went in expecting this. Panels are all aligned properly.

Paint: Not Perfect. scratch on front bumper near frunk, weird paint defect where a driver rear "splash guard/mud flap" would mount.

Car was not clean/PDI. Yup!

My kids saw foot print on back of passenger seat, exterior was dirty, inside of windshield filthy. Again, I have two kids and hate washing my cars so not that big of a deal to me.

Doors: Passenger door does take more force to close. Not too excessive, but if I softly close it it does not close.

Light fitment: Tail light drivers side is not perfectly aligned, but not bad.

Interior: Headliner looks well put together, no tape, nothing falling off. Basically what I expected from a brand new car

Cleanliness: Not that great.

Oh, and the worst paper floor mat I’ve never seen in a new car.

Yes, the paper floor mats suck!

No software issues.

My Loot Box shows 1,000 miles free supercharging until 7/6/2021.

Lastly, my account showed the car delivery as 9am-6pm today. I showed up at 11am. The car was not ready. The guy at the pick up desk said I should receive a text when ready. Grabbed lunch at In-N-Out and received an email saying the car was ready. Email is not text but by the time I finished lunch and drove back to the factory I had received a text also. The car was not in the spot it was expected to be in but we found it and I love it!

FSD worked great on freeway. Worked great in traffic through Hayward on 880. It also works on city streets, kind of. It has a hard time making turns. I did not expect it to work in town at all. FSD has been unable to enter or exit freeway on on ramps in about 8 attempts so far. Even with blinker on it will not exit the freeway, nor make most turns in town.

I bought FSD to get me to/from work 35 miles each way on freeways. While far from perfect, way better than my F250 or manual Mustang in pre-covid Bay Area traffic.

Attachments

• 20210106_123710.jpg
    20210106_123710.jpg
    512.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 20210106_152200.jpg
    20210106_152200.jpg
    604.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 20210106_152138.jpg
    20210106_152138.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 20210106_205223.jpg
    20210106_205223.jpg
    381.1 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
I picked up my car today from the Fremont factory.

To copy/plagiarize natman316:

Happy to report that there are no glaring issues! I did pay my balance prior to seeing the car.

Panel Gaps: I wash my cars twice per year. Gaps were fine to me. Went in expecting this. Panels are all aligned properly.

Paint: Not Perfect. scratch on front bumper near frunk, weird paint defect where a driver rear "splash guard/mud flap" would mount.

Car was not clean/PDI. Yup!

My kids saw foot print on back of passenger seat, exterior was dirty, inside of windshield filthy. Again, I have two kids and hate washing my cars so not that big of a deal to me.

Doors: Passenger door does take more force to close. Not too excessive, but if I softly close it it does not close.

Light fitment: Tail light drivers side is not perfectly aligned, but not bad.

Cleanliness: Not that great.

Oh, and the worst paper floor mat I’ve never seen in a new car.

Yes, the paper floor mats suck!

No software issues.

My Loot Box shows 1,000 miles free supercharging until 7/6/2021.

Lastly, my account showed the car delivery as 9am-6pm today. I showed up at 11am. The car was not ready. The guy at the pick up desk said I should receive a text when ready. Grabbed lunch at In-N-Out and received an email saying the car was ready. Email is not text but by the time I finished lunch and drove back to the factory I had received a text also. The car was not in the spot it was expected to be in but we found it and I love it!

FSD worked great on freeway. Worked great in traffic through Hayward on 880. It also works on city streets, kind of. It has a hard time making turns. I did not expect it to work in town at all. FSD has been unable to enter or exit freeway on on ramps in about 8 attempts so far. Even with blinker on it will not exit the freeway, nor make most turns in town.

I bought FSD to get me to/from work 35 miles each way on freeways. While far from perfect, way better than my F250 or manual Mustang in pre-covid Bay Area traffic.

great to hear. Looks like our experiences were pretty similar. Enjoy your car, looks great in blue. Funny enough, I did not get FSD but my window sticker shows FSD LOL

Same thing regarding mileage