Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 1/1/21, MSM/White, SF Bay Area. Chatted briefly with my SA this afternoon. Great guy. He gave me an estimated / subject to change / all caveats included approximate build date of March 18, smack in the middle of the "8-12 week from date of order" window displayed on the My Account page. Hoping that holds!

I ordered 11/11, same exact build. My approx. build date is also showing as 3/18. Estimate date on my account page is blank though. Doesn’t even say “estimate date” anymore either.

Where do you see your approximate build date showing?

You need to reach out to your SA. They will let you know. I am a little nervous and overly anxious too. Very uncomfortable on this process but it is the Tesla Experience. Even though I have a good understanding of the build/delivery process, this still is unnerving. Looks like east coast is getting their VINS first as per Tesla standard.

Reactions: Venom and TBrownTX
Anyone else still in the dash club?

GF9HDLq.png

Same, mine was Feb 18 to Mar 18. But from last Thu it’s alternated from a dash to blank.

Are their different tiers of SA or something? Mine can't ever tell me ANYTHING that I don't already know, let alone some sort of build date/ ETA. My SA only ever tells me info that's on my Tesla Account. Today my SA tried to tell me that the "estimated delivery system" is barely a month old so it's really new and glitches all the time (bugs ok sure). Does this person not remember they've been my SA for the past 3 months?

Reactions: Avn1284
Are their different tiers of SA or something? Mine can't ever tell me ANYTHING that I don't already know, let alone some sort of build date/ ETA. My SA only ever tells me info that's on my Tesla Account. Today my SA tried to tell me that the "estimated delivery system" is barely a month old so it's really new and glitches all the time (bugs ok sure). Does this person not remember they've been my SA for the past 3 months?
I agree with the huge variation in SA quality. Apparently not all SAs were created equal!

I do feel somewhat bad for them though since their hands are tied and they only know so much. What does irk me is that some SAs seem to go above and beyond and get their clients much more detailed info than what’s in the order page...

I’m still here. Ordered In November, black on black. SA was so certain I would get it before the new year, but instead I got the dreaded text message New Year’s Eve that my order was getting pushed. I was originally super annoyed and irritated because my trade in expired, my financing offer is going to expire soon, and I missed the end of the year incentives. Now I’m looking forward to giving the new model s a test drive to see if I want to change it up. I was extremely annoyed that my SA “couldn’t” change my existing order to the model S even though they failed to deliver my original order.

Ordered: Nov 22
Color: black on black
Current delivery date: 13-17 weeks from order placed.

As of this morning, I don't even have the "dash" anymore. No estimated delivery at all. Just this

"We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration."

Ordered early Jan, but then switched back to performance so the order agreement is 1/13. White/white

Very tempted to pause and justr ge
As of this morning, I don't even have the "dash" anymore. No estimated delivery at all. Just this

"We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration."

Ordered early Jan, but then switched back to performance so the order agreement is 1/13. White/white
Same here, dash went away and it's just blank now.

If I don't get it this quarter I'll most likely just hold out for a tri-motor Cybertruck lol

I ordered my MP3 on 1/7/2021 but a few days ago it changed to this (btw never had a specific date just 3/4-3/29 range and no vin)

Estimated Delivery: 8 - 12 weeks from order placed date

We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.

Just spoke to someone at the Nevada office and she said my Build date changed from Feb 23rd to March 4th :(. She said I should get a VIN around March 8th and delivery March 14th - 20th. She said it's very likely that I'll get it this quarter, but worst case scenario it would be end of Q2.

She said the reason a lot of peoples delivery dates vanished is because they changed their algorithm. She guessed it was to not get people's hopes up!

• Informative
Reactions: TBrownTX