Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same thing happened to me! I called the dealership to ask if my car was there and they said yes come get it, took delivery yesterday. I placed my order 4/4/21
Regarding recent orders and delivery acceptance: I know theres two people, "I need the vehicle now because situations" and "I can wait." For those who can wait - how many are buying new versus waiting for infrastructure bill evaluation?

I can wait but would like to pull some equity out of my current vehicle...

Ordered 4/3/21, since that day the estimated delivery has remain unchanged, May 25 - June 14...ugh

I assume the only way people are getting them early, is if the same car is local, and buyer cancelled? or are some coming off the line and being shipped domestically earlier than usual (quarter end)?

WoW Tesla has moved quickly on my Red with black interior M3P. I ordered on 4/3, and originally the delivery date was scheduled to be June 2 - June 28. Saturday I received a message saying it was on its way to my dealer in Corte Madera ( I live an hour from the Fremont plant) and to schedule a delivery date. I scheduled delivery for Saturday April 24. Then yesterday I received another message saying it had arrived at the dealer, and if I wanted it earlier, they would deliver it to my house tomorrow. So tomorrow I receive the car! Here are two pictures of my car at the dealer waiting final cleaning and delivery tomorrow!!

Attachments

• 9B23F6E6-47E9-4082-AC7B-DCB3A627D1DC.jpeg
    9B23F6E6-47E9-4082-AC7B-DCB3A627D1DC.jpeg
    581.5 KB · Views: 158
  • FBA9A458-4ED6-4285-8A56-B4162D17F8D9.jpeg
    FBA9A458-4ED6-4285-8A56-B4162D17F8D9.jpeg
    776.8 KB · Views: 126
WoW Tesla has moved quickly on my Red with black interior M3P. I ordered on 4/3, and originally the delivery date was scheduled to be June 2 - June 28. Saturday I received a message saying it was on its way to my dealer in Corte Madera ( I live an hour from the Fremont plant) and to schedule a delivery date. I scheduled delivery for Saturday April 24. Then yesterday I received another message saying it had arrived at the dealer, and if I wanted it earlier, they would deliver it to my house tomorrow. So tomorrow I receive the car! Here are two pictures of my car at the dealer waiting final cleaning and delivery tomorrow!!
Just out of curiosity, does it have the new door trim panels with the wood insert extending into the doors? If it does not, this is probably a Q1 build car that someone cancelled at the very last minute and was then assigned to you now. If it does have the new door trim, it would indicate that Fremont is already making Model 3s for North American delivery, which would be a departure from how they have operated in the past.

Reactions: TBrownTX
Just out of curiosity, does it have the new door trim panels with the wood insert extending into the doors? If it does not, this is probably a Q1 build car that someone cancelled at the very last minute and was then assigned to you now. If it does have the new door trim, it would indicate that Fremont is already making Model 3s for North American delivery, which would be a departure from how they have operated in the past.
I asked the SA over the phone if it had the wood insert extending into the doors,and she said yes. So it looks like a brand new build

Last edited:
What youre stating is us east coast folks are now getting the matrix headlights and door panel update, or you have just noticed and uptick in east coast orders?
I’ve seen 3 or 4 of the orders tracked in the Google sheet get assigned VIN numbers which means that the Fremont plant may be starting to produce vehicles for North America. These orders were for people in NC, FL, and OH. All new cars produced at this point should have both of those features.

I’ve seen 3 or 4 of the orders tracked in the Google sheet get assigned VIN numbers which means that the Fremont plant may be starting to produce vehicles for North America. These orders were for people in NC, FL, and OH. All new cars produced at this point should have both of those features.
what are matrix headlights, and I'm in Ohio, so hopefully some good news is coming soon!

My M3P arrived today, and it’s GORGEOUS! I put 105 miles on it already just driving around. It has 8 miles on it when they dropped it off at my house. I couldn’t be happier v

Attachments

• 778783B1-9995-4823-AC25-231FD6C4403C.jpeg
    778783B1-9995-4823-AC25-231FD6C4403C.jpeg
    806.6 KB · Views: 115
  • CB296673-8D47-49AD-BEC5-8DAA73215177.jpeg
    CB296673-8D47-49AD-BEC5-8DAA73215177.jpeg
    803.7 KB · Views: 118
  • BEBBDDD6-9986-45C0-BE2B-C93579B1B9F6.jpeg
    BEBBDDD6-9986-45C0-BE2B-C93579B1B9F6.jpeg
    953.3 KB · Views: 125
Reactions: TheRFMan
Ordered 4/3/21, since that day the estimated delivery has remain unchanged, May 25 - June 14...ugh

I assume the only way people are getting them early, is if the same car is local, and buyer cancelled? or are some coming off the line and being shipped domestically earlier than usual (quarter end)?
My estimated delivery has been fluctuating a lot lately. On 4/17, it was May 25 - June 14. Was then bumped up on 4/16 to early May (fluctuating between around May 3 - May 24 & kept getting bumped back one day at a time)...now as of 4/21, it is back to May 25 - June 14. Hoping to get a VIN assigned any day now.

My M3P arrived today, and it’s GORGEOUS! I put 105 miles on it already just driving around. It has 8 miles on it when they dropped it off at my house. I couldn’t be happier v
Congrats. I picked up the same red / black M3P last month. I still sometimes take it for a drive just for the fun of it.

I find the red a beautiful dark red in moderate light conditions.

Enjoy your cool car.

Snade