Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got this text message

"Tesla Update - We currently plan to build and deliver your Model 3 in September.

Please reply SEPTEMBER if you are ready for delivery this month and we will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model 3 is built.
Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out after September."
I just got the same message!!

Reactions: Waiting4Hyori
Just got this text message

"Tesla Update - We currently plan to build and deliver your Model 3 in September.

Please reply SEPTEMBER if you are ready for delivery this month and we will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model 3 is built.
Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out after September."
I received the same text message.
My perspective: Tesla won’t be able to make all September commitments and are looking to prioritize

Has anyone gotten a text message? I got one today saying they have a current plan to build and deliver my M3 in September and asking me to reply indicating if I was ready to take delivery or needed to postpone delivery? Has any heard of that, I really expected to hear via email or update to my account. I've had the following updates: Order Date 8/27
8/24 EDD 12/13/21 -1/12/22
8/27 EDD 9/22/21 - 9/30/21
9/15 EDD 9/21/21 - 9/30/21

Hi all,
I ordered on 7/11 and have a EDD of 9/16-9/30, But no VIN. White on White M3P in CA, and have not received a text. Seeing people ordering in august receiving texts is alarming and my SA is worthless. What's the best way to contact Tesla without having to drive down there? Thanks in advance!

Hi all,
I ordered on 7/11 and have a EDD of 9/16-9/30, But no VIN. White on White M3P in CA, and have not received a text. Seeing people ordering in august receiving texts is alarming and my SA is worthless. What's the best way to contact Tesla without having to drive down there? Thanks in advance!
There is a critical flaw in your reasoning: the assumption that Tesla will ever tell you what is going on. The SA’s worthlessness is a design feature, not a bug. The one and only consideration for Tesla is maximizing deliveries to get third quarter numbers up. Nothing else matters, including accurate and candid information with customers. It’s a harsh truth from a fan.

Reactions: Waiting4Hyori
There is a critical flaw in your reasoning: the assumption that Tesla will ever tell you what is going on. The SA’s worthlessness is a design feature, not a bug. The one and only consideration for Tesla is maximizing deliveries to get third quarter numbers up. Nothing else matters, including accurate and candid information with customers. It’s a harsh truth from a fan.
True. For customers looking to get status checks, SA's will not be beneficial as they see the same information as you do and they won't have any leverage in Delivery and Productions times. I learned this the hard way as I was also in the same boat before when I was waiting for my Tesla. Hang in there...

Hi all,
My order was 8/22 in ca and people ordering after me have gotten the text which I was annoyed, but wtf? 7/11 no text?